Shoutbox

Weird Disconnect Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Weird Disconnect Problem (/showthread.php?tid=76264)

Weird Disconnect Problem by shooter.ca on 07-23-2007 at 04:14 AM

My WLM 8.1 started to go crazy since last Thursday...It was keeping disconnecting for every minute! (N) I tried to install WLM 8.5B but the problem remains.

I am using WinXP SP2 with WLM v8.1. And I am using it in my office.

The weird thing is that my colleagues have no problem at all. And I tried to use the old version v4.7, it has no disconnecting problem too!

Does anyone have any idea abt the same problem? *-)

RE: Weird Disconnect Problem by Oxy on 07-23-2007 at 09:42 AM

It could be something as simple as server problems.. In which case, there's isn't anything you can do.

RE: RE: Weird Disconnect Problem by shooter.ca on 07-23-2007 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukas
It could be something as simple as server problems.. In which case, there's isn't anything you can do.

I thought about that too. But it happens that only very few WLM users in my company ran into the same problem as mine, the rest didn't. :^)
RE: Weird Disconnect Problem by Nagamasa on 07-23-2007 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shooter.ca
I thought about that too. But it happens that only very few WLM users in my company ran into the same problem as mine, the rest didn't. :^)
It could be that one of Microsoft's servers is having problems...
RE: Weird Disconnect Problem by MattyRid on 07-23-2007 at 09:59 AM

I would check that the settings are the same across the board. Sounds to me like some settings are messed up and if you are using it at work, where it is disconnecting, they obviously have no internet settings policy setup or it just hasn't come down from the servers properly.

RE: RE: Weird Disconnect Problem by shooter.ca on 07-24-2007 at 01:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
I would check that the settings are the same across the board. Sounds to me like some settings are messed up and if you are using it at work, where it is disconnecting, they obviously have no internet settings policy setup or it just hasn't come down from the servers properly.

Ya, maybe.

Now I wanna try to uninstall it first, then give it another try for fresh install. Is there anyway to remove the WLM completely? I tried uninstall WLM but it seems that the contact info/login info are still in my PC.
RE: Weird Disconnect Problem by Nagamasa on 07-24-2007 at 02:32 AM

quote:
Is there anyway to remove the WLM completely? I tried uninstall WLM but it seems that the contact info/login info are still in my PC.

Please view this post: CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem
RE: Weird Disconnect Problem by MattyRid on 07-24-2007 at 02:58 AM

quote:

Now I wanna try to uninstall it first, then give it another try for fresh install. Is there anyway to remove the WLM completely? I tried uninstall WLM but it seems that the contact info/login info are still in my PC.

try Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!
RE: Weird Disconnect Problem by shooter.ca on 07-24-2007 at 03:07 AM

Thanks guys! I have given it a final try and it worked!
I have performed a COMPLETE uninstall first then reinstalled the WLM 8.5b. It keeps running for about 5 mins now without single disconnection!