Shoutbox

Extending max. name&PSM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Extending max. name&PSM (/showthread.php?tid=76267)

Extending max. name&PSM by fayte7523 on 07-23-2007 at 07:13 AM

Hi, is there a script available for extending the maximum amount of characters that's allowed in name and psm? Thx

RE: Extending max. name&PSM by MattyRid on 07-23-2007 at 07:17 AM

Don't quote me on it but don't the servers check the number of characters used, thus if you did extend your nickname and PSM it wouldn't work at all?

RE: Extending max. name&PSM by Volv on 07-23-2007 at 10:06 AM

I know that it was possible to boost the Personal Message length on previous versions of Messenger by doing a resource (or hex) edit (All the patches stole this function off me! Those asses :p) but I'm not sure if it's still possible. There was a max length checked by the server itself which was significantly larger than that allowed by the client.

As for nicknames I believe in the past you could type /nick <name> and it would allow you to have larger nicknames, I might be imagining this (as I'm not a person who uses excessively long nicknames) and I'm not sure if this is still possible or not.

EDIT: I just checked some patches' features and they dont seem to have the boost PSM feature any more so I assume it may no longer be possible (or at least as simple as it used to be without manipulating protocol)...