Shoutbox

How do I send a message to offline contact? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How do I send a message to offline contact? (/showthread.php?tid=76295)

How do I send a message to offline contact? by SubZero5 on 07-24-2007 at 10:46 AM

Hi,

How do I send a message to an Offline contact so that she can get the message when she goes Online while my pc is Online?

RE: How do I send a message to offline contact? by Ezra on 07-24-2007 at 10:53 AM

Just open a conversation with her and type a message like you would when she's online, the server will store the messages till she comes online and send them to her.

RE: How do I send a message to offline contact? by ahmetgns on 07-24-2007 at 07:20 PM

MSN Messenger versions don't have an integrated Offline Messaging system. But the Messenger Plus! 3.63 extension adds this functionality to MSN Messenger versions. (I'm not sure Windows Messenger is supported for this function of Plus! but MSN Messenger 7.0 and 7.5 must be supported.) Note that you must be Online at the moment of your contact comes Online since Messenger Plus! stores the offline message on harddrive, not on a server. I wanted to write these since you wrote

quote:
Hi,

How do I send a message to an Offline contact so that she can get the message when she goes Online while my pc is Online?

However in Windows Live Messenger (the name of the latest version of classic MSN Messenger) Offline Messaging is integrated to the software and Offline Messages are stored on the Messenger servers and sent to contacts when they come Online regardless of you being Online at that moment.
RE: How do I send a message to offline contact? by Cloudly on 07-24-2007 at 07:28 PM

As long as you're using Windows Live Messenger (with or without Plus!), you just need to open a chat window with the contact that's offline.  :)
The messages you type will be sent to them, but they must also be using a Messenger which supports offline Messaging. Messenger 7.5 (Possibly a few earlier versions also) can receive offline messages, but can’t send them. (This was the case in 7.5 for me, anyway)

RE: How do I send a message to offline contact? by CookieRevised on 07-24-2007 at 09:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
...and sent to contacts when they come Online...
No. They are sent when the contact succesfully signs in (using MSN Messenger 7.5 or above).