Shoutbox

[Beta-Release] Auto Block - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Beta-Release] Auto Block (/showthread.php?tid=76300)

[Beta-Release] Auto Block by andrewdodd13 on 07-24-2007 at 04:52 PM

This is just a little tool that JA & I were thinking could be useful after a discussion about certain contacts we have in common.

What it does:
- Reads a list of emails from autoblock.lst (one per line)
- When you go /busy (or change your status to busy in any other way) it blocks all contacts on the list.
- When you change your status to anything else, it unblocks them.

Simple.

Updated 4 April 2008

Change Log:
0.7:
- Added contact list "Locking": If you disconnect, auto-blocked contacts will be automatically unblocked.

0.6.1:
- Small code clean ups.

0.6:
- Per-user block lists.
- Fix bug where block list array was not re-initialized.

0.2.1 to 0.5:
- Added a GUI to the app, which you can use to modify the list.
- Added the option to override the ignore already blocked contacts behaviour.
- Fixed the initialization of the script - it doesn't create the Contacts array until you sign in now.
- Fixed numerous other bugs that I came across while adding the GUI.

0.2 to 0.2.1:
- !abreload text no longer appears in the chat window.
- Array(d) changed to Array(), dunno how that crept in. (00:30am release, maybe? :P)

0.1 to 0.2:
- Removed a private email address that was being used to initialize the array (oops).
- Added Cookies recommendation to ignore blocked contacts.
- Added !abreload option - reloads the list.
- Some minor code changes. (LoadList function).

RE: [Alpha-Release] Auto Block by Nathan on 07-24-2007 at 10:03 PM

Nice : >

RE: [Alpha-Release] Auto Block by CookieRevised on 07-24-2007 at 10:15 PM

nice...

possible feature (just from reading your comments, thus without checking the script): let the script check if the contact was already blocked or not. If it was, don't unblock it when you go back to not-busy.
And maybe in addition: have a kind of 'forced' unblocking (can just be an "Unblock Blacklist" menu item), meaning the script will unblock the contacts, even if they were blocked before.

^^ I think both these things should be standard in any script which block contacts in some sort of automatic way. (for example to avoid those ackward moments when suddenly someone is unblocked which you want to keep blocked)

;)

RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by Spongshga on 08-28-2008 at 12:27 PM

hi, can you updet your version and ad this aktion:

e.g.
- my status is online...
- i take a contakt on a speacel list (in your script)
- wenn the contakt goes online than change my status automaticly in "offline looking" ore "block the contact"

this was a great script how i search...

RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by CookieRevised on 08-28-2008 at 11:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spongshga
hi, can you updet your version and ad this aktion:

e.g.
- my status is online...
- i take a contakt on a speacel list (in your script)
- wenn the contakt goes online than change my status automaticly in "offline looking" ore "block the contact"

this was a great script how i search...
I don't think this is in the scope of the script. The script is for people who don't want to be disturbed when their in busy mode. eg: for work, so block all chat friends.

It is not meant to always 'hide' from people.

In fact, what you just described has almost exactly the same effect, for both you and your contact, as simply _always_ blocking that contact to begin with. Almost the same, because that contact might be appearing offline, and with what you just described, the contact will then be able to see your status and even talk to you. So it won't even work properly to 'hide' from someone. As such, personaly, I don't see any use for what you described, in the scope of this script.
RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by Spongshga on 09-03-2008 at 01:24 PM

haeay, but this new ad in the script was my favorit... i search long time for this mod. This is a cool feakturie... because my ex girlfreand don't see wenn i am online... she saw it nit wenn this feakturie installet is...

[no subject] by Gabe on 12-13-2008 at 11:01 PM

I haven't used ICQ since I went to MSN Messenger, but I miss a couple of features I was very fond of: the visible, invisible and ignore lists. Do you recall?

In case you don't, the visible list allows members on that group to see you online when you are invisible (appearing offline). The Invisible list was the opposite - users under that list would always see you offline. The ignore list is slightly different to the invisible list, for those members of the group cannot contact you. The AutoBlock script you wrote works as temporary ignore list, that you activate by switching to busy status. It's really cool for it is suitable to our moods.

My understanding of programming is what I can remember from my two C++ classes - which is very little. Do you think it is possible to write a script to work as the visible and invisible lists?

I could have wrriten this as a personnal message, but I thought it could show people the differences between what your script was designed to perform and other ideas, which despite of being very handy, are off the purposes of your script.

Please, contact me to tell me what you think.
Thank you.

RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by roflmao456 on 12-14-2008 at 02:19 AM

I have edited this script.. thanks to whoever bumped it up lol.
This should make development easier.

Auto-Block v0.9 beta includes:
- Basic features: Block whoever's email is on autoblock.lst.

No GUI or anything; just edit autoblock.lst.

RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by for3v3rforgott3n on 03-18-2009 at 03:46 AM

Hey, just wondering is this for WLM 2009 or does it support WLM 8.5 because it doesn't work on my WLM 8.5 so I suppose it's 2009 only?

RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by robert_dll on 03-18-2009 at 04:05 AM

quote:
This post was edited on 04-04-2008 at 08:30 AM by andrewdodd13.
And because WLM2009 was released last december...of course it is not updated for it.
RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by for3v3rforgott3n on 03-18-2009 at 05:08 AM

So since it's not for WLM 2009, would anyone mind tipping me off on exactly to make it work?
I've attempted putting an email into the list file and going into busy, but nothing happens.
Also, looking at the script, it seems as if some kind of window is supposed to be able to be accessed somehow and allow you to add emails by that list? I can't exactly explain fully which files are giving me this thought as I don't have access to my main comp right now but it would be great if someone could tip me off or something =) thanks a lot

RE: RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by andrewdodd13 on 03-18-2009 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by for3v3rforgott3n
So since it's not for WLM 2009, would anyone mind tipping me off on exactly to make it work?
I've attempted putting an email into the list file and going into busy, but nothing happens.
Also, looking at the script, it seems as if some kind of window is supposed to be able to be accessed somehow and allow you to add emails by that list? I can't exactly explain fully which files are giving me this thought as I don't have access to my main comp right now but it would be great if someone could tip me off or something =) thanks a lot
I'm not sure what the state of this script is. I'm sure I coded it for 4.23, dunno what rofl done it in.

I had a development version I was working on for a while, but it's most certainly been lost to OS reinstall, PC upgrade, etc.

Although truthfully, I can't see what would stop it working, outside of buggy code...

Edit-re the above: Version 0.7 works for me in WLM 9 Release (8064.206). Version 0.9 by roflmao456 is an extremely cut down version, albeit with better - but much terser - code, which could almost be considered a fork as it has no GUI or anything.
RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by for3v3rforgott3n on 03-18-2009 at 10:00 PM

so it won't work on my 8.5? Damn...=(

RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by andrewdodd13 on 03-19-2009 at 12:42 AM

There's no code specific to WLM 9 in the script, as far as I can see. It should work just fine...

RE: RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by regissk on 11-13-2009 at 07:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
There's no code specific to WLM 9 in the script, as far as I can see. It should work just fine...

Hi, i added the email in list, it is working perfectly. But when i signout or close msn, the email will still be blocked.

I could check it because when i sign in again, i saw the email blocked.

How can i fix it please? you can send just the script code to add?
because i dont want lose the offline messages from emails that still blocked, even when i offline.
RE: [Beta-Release] Auto Block by andrewdodd13 on 11-13-2009 at 09:58 AM

code:
function OnEvent_Signout(Email)
{
        for(var i = 0; i < bla.length; i++)
        {
            if(bla_pre[i] == false)
            {
                var enContact = Contacts.GetContact(bla[i]);
                enContact.Blocked = false;
            }
            else if(bOverride == true)
            {
                var enContact = Contacts.GetContact(bla[i]);
                enContact.Blocked = false;
            }
        }       
}
Not tested, I'm not running MP!L at the moment (just rebuilt PC software again).