Shoutbox

Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! (/showthread.php?tid=76315)

Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by hhhoedown on 07-25-2007 at 11:45 AM

Ok, howdy. I've been trying to make a script that will send an "emoticon bomb" to the person of the other end of the IM. Basically, it will send 400 emoticons in a single message, and send about 20 of these messages at a time. This would freeze Messenger on their PC. The reason it needs to send 20 messages at a time is that I'm going to take down a chat bot that a friend is hosting on his Rackspace server, sand it has 2 dual core Xeon  processors in it, all dedicated to running 700 simultaneous messenger conversations. I've been having some trouble trying to get this to work. Could anybody help me with this? Thanks

By the way, this server thing is pretty powerful, it's running his stupid bot until his company gets their site up and running. Anyway, I'm going to turn emoticons  off on my PC so it doesn't get screwed up.

Also, what I want help with is A) making the interface, and B) the send message function. I want the interface to be a simple screen that lets you type in the number of messages you want to send. I don't really care about customization of the emoticons and number of emoticons per message. Any help would be greatly appreciated and rewarded with a "Thank You" because I have no money in my PayPal account.

RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by Ezra on 07-25-2007 at 11:50 AM

I don't think anyone here is going to want to help you to make this very irritating script, that could be potentially dangerous.

Even if you want to use it for legitimate purposes, like stress testing this server, it could be used for annoying other people.

And people here just don't want to be the cause of that.

RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by hhhoedown on 07-25-2007 at 11:52 AM

Yeah, I guess. But I'm not going to annoy them. And when I release the finished package, they could find it useful for people who annoy them. It's a tool

RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by High Speed Chaser on 07-25-2007 at 11:56 AM

It's just asking for trouble. It's going to annoy your friend when you take down the bot and the main "motto" of this forum is to help people not to take them down (hinder) or annoy people. msghelp.net

RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by Oxy on 07-25-2007 at 01:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I don't think anyone here is going to want to help you to make this very irritating script,
No, spam like this can be very annoying (and only useful if you have krissy on contacts - which i imagine nobody in the right mind would have.)
RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by felipEx on 07-25-2007 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hhhoedown
a script that will send an "emoticon bomb" to the person of the other end of the IM.

it still work? WLM doesn't crash here :D...

RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by Nefzen on 07-25-2007 at 07:32 PM

mmm somehow, I doubt that will work, they probably have emotions and other random stuff turned off as well

RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by TheBlasphemer on 07-25-2007 at 09:03 PM

Erm, you do realise that bots don't actually render the emoticons, and as such emoticons won't have a bigger impact than normal text?
Honestly, on a server like that, you can't even make a small dent with a single desktop machine and connection... just give up :/

RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by Voldemort on 07-25-2007 at 09:08 PM

Does the protocol actually lets you do that? I thought you couldn't send messages that fast.

RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by roflmao456 on 07-26-2007 at 01:19 AM

the easy way: tell him to turn it off :dodgy:

RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by Volv on 07-26-2007 at 03:52 AM

As TheBlasphemer said, unless it's a very, very poorly made bot (ie. one that runs on an actual client and not directly via protocol) then sending emoticons will make no difference to spamming random text. Many bots also have some form of spam control which prevents them from parsing the text if it's sent within x seconds of another message etc.

RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by -dt- on 07-26-2007 at 07:51 AM

also to add to this, plus also limits how fast you can use chatwnd::SendMessage

RE: RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by hhhoedown on 07-26-2007 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Erm, you do realise that bots don't actually render the emoticons, and as such emoticons won't have a bigger impact than normal text?
Honestly, on a server like that, you can't even make a small dent with a single desktop machine and connection... just give up :/

Well, yes his one does render emoticons. He was dumb enough to leave emoticons on. It's not for testing either, it's to take the thing down. I guess if nobody thinks it's a good idea I shouldn't bother. Anyway, his server is just running the client and a program he wrote in c++ to respond to every message with an insult, and a set of specialized ones if it is my address. Just a note, this would be helping though, I would be doing a service to all of my friends by getting rid of that thing :L
RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by Mike on 07-26-2007 at 09:12 AM

Like dt said, this isn't possible with MP!L :

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
also to add to this, plus also limits how fast you can use chatwnd::SendMessage

You would have to create your own program (which shouldn't be really hard to do)
RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by Deco on 07-26-2007 at 02:41 PM

Prolly a better idea to make this in your own client...just my thoughts though. Search forums for BOT making in C# or VB or whatever language you use :)
HAve fun!

RE: RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by Cloudly on 07-26-2007 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hhhoedown
Yeah, I guess. But I'm not going to annoy them. And when I release the finished package, they could find it useful for people who annoy them. It's a tool

Nooooo. it's an annoying messege sender :P
*Turns off emotions from now*
RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by Nathan on 07-26-2007 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudly
Nooooo. it's an annoying messege sender :P
*Turns off emotions from now*
Hahahah you're a dick

(seeing as you have no emotions it doesnt matter what I call you)
* Nathan runnnssss away
RE: Making Emoticon Bomber. Please help! by roflmao456 on 07-26-2007 at 11:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
Hahahah you're a dick
quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
If you're a dick, then you don't actually have a dick. You are the dick, so it isnt your dick :P

* roflmao456 runs.

Bots have emoticons turned off, so useless.