Shoutbox

Conversation .xml medger. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Conversation .xml medger. (/showthread.php?tid=76331)

Conversation .xml medger. by thomasdk on 07-26-2007 at 01:20 AM

Well.. Lately i've been talking alot to people and i've the "save conversations" feature on, so everything gets saved.. but when a convo reaches around the 2-2,5 MB size it splits.. so i have like 3 .xml files for one of my contacts.. this is bugging me because i'd like to have everything in 1 file and i can't see why i have to split except that the loading time will be a bit bigger.. wouldn't bother me tho..

so i'm  asking if its possible, and if someone could make a script that either prevent this splitting and/or can medge .xml files..

i'm looking forward to respone. thanks.

RE: Conversation .xml medger. by GNSPS on 07-26-2007 at 01:47 AM

I think that wouldn't be too hard to acomplish...  Just make it copy the content of one to another until it merges them all in one file only... I think  I can handle it...

RE: Conversation .xml medger. by GNSPS on 07-30-2007 at 06:43 PM

I had never had the registry active but for the script making I had to... And I found out that registry isn't saved in xml files but in html instead... So I'm making one registry medger for html files as I assume you still want it.

RE: Conversation .xml medger. by CookieRevised on 07-30-2007 at 07:12 PM

This has got nothing todo with the registry, GNSPS.

Conversations are either saved by Plus! in an XHTML file or either in a text file. Merging XHTML logs isn't just copying the contents of one file into the other. You need to copy specific parts of the file (the DIVs with class "mplsession"), not the whole thing.

And while you do so, you need to check the order of the sessions as they can be mixed up together in two files. Meaning one file can contain sessions A, C, F and the other B, D and E. So you shouldn't just merge the second file to the first one, or you get the wrong order: A, C, F, B, D, E....

The same story goes for Messenger logs which are saved as XML files.

RE: Conversation .xml medger. by GNSPS on 07-31-2007 at 12:25 AM

Thank you so much Cookie... Once again bothered explaining me (big damn noob) things of MP!L. That part of the xhtml files I knew it and I was doing the script so it would copy the whole "<body>" part and merge it into a big "<body>" part and only one file (probably wrong as I can see from your post)... but now you threw light into the matter... After all it's messenger logs and not MP!L registry... I'll check it out. Thanks once again Cookie

EDIT: I've reread the first post and he talked about "conversation saving" and those are stored in the html files... So what shall I work on? I'm a little confused here :P...

RE: Conversation .xml medger. by CookieRevised on 07-31-2007 at 06:27 AM

Forget about the registry, nobody talked about the registry and, concearning conversation logs, nothing is stored in the registry, neither for Plus!, neither for Messenger.

See my previous post.