Shoutbox

login as "offline"..but in the event viewer?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: login as "offline"..but in the event viewer?? (/showthread.php?tid=76340)

login as "offline"..but in the event viewer?? by tapeop on 07-26-2007 at 02:39 PM

hi there everyone,
i have a simple question.

when you login with windows live messenger, you can choose
what status you login as, and one of them is "offline"

if a person on your contact list is logging your events,
will i appear in their log as "logged in as offline"??
or am i completely invisible in the event log??

RE: login as "offline"..but in the event viewer?? by foaly on 07-26-2007 at 02:49 PM

the idea off logging in as offline is that no one can see that you are online.
So you will be completely invisible in their event log.

RE: login as "offline"..but in the event viewer?? by tapeop on 07-26-2007 at 02:51 PM

thanks foaly!

RE: login as "offline"..but in the event viewer?? by alltalk on 07-28-2007 at 06:43 AM

i just found out if u are offline and the other person installed stuffplug-in thing.. the other person can actually see u clicked on them..

RE: login as "offline"..but in the event viewer?? by MattyRid on 07-28-2007 at 06:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alltalk
i just found out if u are offline and the other person installed stuffplug-in thing.. the other person can actually see u clicked on them..

not since stuffplug 3 has been out.....I would suspect that you are still on stuffplug-ng
RE: RE: login as "offline"..but in the event viewer?? by alltalk on 07-28-2007 at 06:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
quote:

not since stuffplug 3 has been out.....I would suspect that you are still on stuffplug-ng

i heard about that.. but not sure why i couldn't install that a while ago.. so i didn't bother trying again.

btw... if i still the stuffplug 3, will i still be able to see who clicked on me??
RE: login as "offline"..but in the event viewer?? by x2zen on 08-01-2007 at 11:12 AM

quote:
will i still be able to see who clicked on me??
No. That feature was removed with the release of StuffPlug 3.