Shoutbox

[RELEASE] Temp Blocker - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Temp Blocker (/showthread.php?tid=76363)

[RELEASE] Temp Blocker by LifelesS on 07-08-2007 at 01:43 PM

Temp Blocker

Description:

This is just a little script, with no interface, that blocks a contact for 10 seconds if he goes on and off for more than 2 times. It works up to 3 contacts at the same time. It also has 1 min timer that resets everything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Volv for remind me how the timers function actually worked :)

I dedicate this script to my cousin and all credits goes to him, because it was his idea, I just turned it into computer language ;)

If you think the script is useful, I'll make another version with an interface, just let me know!

RE: [RELEASE] Temp Blocker by Volv on 07-08-2007 at 01:59 PM

Haven't tried this yet but it definitely seems useful - I hate it when toasts stack up the screen.

quote:
Originally posted by LifelesS
Thanks to Volv for remind me how the timers function actually worked :)
No problem :D
RE: [RELEASE] Temp Blocker by LifelesS on 07-08-2007 at 06:59 PM

:D

If you check the code, it could be A LOT smaller if I made a function, but I couldn't get it working so...

Maybe next version...:P

RE: [RELEASE] Temp Blocker by CookieRevised on 07-08-2007 at 10:00 PM

There is already a script which does this (without the limitation of 3 contacts, etc)...

CookieRevised's reply to [Request] Block someone if login too many times for X period of time

;)

RE: [RELEASE] Temp Blocker by LifelesS on 07-08-2007 at 10:04 PM

Didn't know that it already existed... Anyway I built the script just to get the rust out a little :)

RE: [RELEASE] Temp Blocker by riahc4 on 07-17-2007 at 03:05 AM

Make it better;

Block for x time/day
If a contact posts the same message x times repeatedly in a period of x seconds, autoblock or blocks them for x time/day
Make a GUI for it of course

Keep up the great work :)

RE: [RELEASE] Temp Blocker by LifelesS on 07-17-2007 at 10:26 AM

That would be nice, but it could be done easier with a var with a limit:
The contact sent a message, it's saved inside a var and adds a timer, if he sends the same message more 3 times or so before the timer triggers, blocks for 'x' time. Something like that:D

Thanks, and thanks for the idea :)

P.S. I already made another version, with a new code and now user's able to choose some options with /command, just waiting MenthiX aproval, then if it's worth it ('cause I'm in a brainstorm and ideas can't stop coming:P), I'll make a 2.0 version with a GUI:)

RE: [RELEASE] Temp Blocker by CookieRevised on 07-17-2007 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LifelesS
That would be nice, but it could be done easier with a var with a limit:
The contact sent a message, it's saved inside a var and adds a timer, if he sends the same message more 3 times or so before the timer triggers, blocks for 'x' time. Something like that:D
That's not easier, that's more complicated than what riahc4 suggested ;)

Also, it wouldn't detect spammers who change the message from time to time. To make a flood checker which detects real flooding, you must do what riahc4 suggested (which would actually needs less code than with your suggestion ;))

PS: post the (new) script on the forums first, so people can take a look at it and test it out before submitting it to the database...
[RELEASE] Temp Blocker 1.1 by LifelesS on 07-17-2007 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That's not easier, that's more complicated than what riahc4 suggested ;)

Yeah, probably :P ;)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
PS: post the (new) script on the forums first, so people can take a look at it and test it out before submitting it to the database...

ehhh... Ups:$

But here it is:)

I think there's no need to write a new thread because of that...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temp Blocker 1.1

New features:

- User can now choose for how many time to block contact with /tempblockertimer <Timer> (seconds - min 10<>max 300);

- User can now choose how time toasts to show before block with /tempblockerlimit <Limit> (from 2 to 5; 2 is default, so it shows 2 toasts and then blocks the third time contact goes on, so on...);

- User can reset the limit and timer with /tempblockerreset command;

- User can send link to download script with /tempblockersend command;

- Also added a about with the /tempblockerabout, it sends what's inside a text file;

- and finally, it's English and Portuguese...

I also re-wrote the code...
Temp Blocker 1.1 by Bladeh on 07-27-2007 at 01:29 PM

I didn't make the script but when I type in some of the commands it just sends the command as a message not actually doing anything.

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/322-Temp-Blocker/

It the following commands that don't work:-

/tempblockertimer
/tempblockerlimit

Anyone have any idea's?

RE: Temp Blocker 1.1 by Volv on 07-27-2007 at 01:37 PM

I haven't actually looked at the script, but I imagine the problem is that it requires parameters.
Example:
/tempblockertimer 15
/tempblockerlimit 3

suggestion for the temp-blocker script by Shiny Rabbit on 12-09-2007 at 07:22 PM

this is a little suggest for this script:

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/322-Temp-Blocker/

i know this a bit picky but i think rather than just being limited to sign-in toasts, i think it should count MP!L's toasts as well because i have MP!L toasts show when a contact signs in or out and they reach the top of the screen when the block kicks in and i can't set the number of popups to block any less than 3

RE: suggestion for the temp-blocker script by CookieRevised on 12-09-2007 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit
i know this a bit picky but i think rather than just being limited to sign-in toasts, i think it should count MP!L's toasts as well because i have MP!L toasts show when a contact signs in or out and they reach the top of the screen when the block kicks in and i can't set the number of popups to block any less than 3
Plus! toasts can't be blocked just like that.... They work independant from the Messenger toasts. It would mean tweaking your registry constantly. If that would work at all that is.

There are other ways to detect the Plus! toasts windows popping up, but that's rather a dodgy way of doing things, no garantuee it will work, and very difficult to control per contact, if not impossible.

The best thing you could do is turning all Plus! custom notifications off for blocked contacts in your preferences (since you also can have sounds).
Or simply not using the "notify when a contact comes online" Plus! toast.

Plus! > Preferences > Customize! > Events Notifications > Show notifications for blocked contacts

--------

PS: for a script without limitations as to how many things you can block, see
CookieRevised's reply to [Request] Block someone if login too many times for X period of time