Shoutbox

[request] gleam plugin (is it possible?) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [request] gleam plugin (is it possible?) (/showthread.php?tid=76381)

[request] gleam plugin (is it possible?) by narglin on 07-28-2007 at 07:05 AM

I've searched the forum, but I haven't found anything about it.

I was wondering if it's possible to have a plugin or script or something that can let you send gleam notification to your contact list for any blog, I mean: not only live spaces, but also, for example, blogspot.

Thank you for any answer :)

RE: [request] gleam plugin (is it possible?) by Curtis on 07-28-2007 at 07:28 AM

Wtf is gleam?

RE: [request] gleam plugin (is it possible?) by aNILEator on 07-28-2007 at 07:36 AM

a gleam is the name for the small orange star that pulsates next to your contacts display picture in the contact list if they update their profile and/or windows live space

RE: [request] gleam plugin (is it possible?) by linx05 on 07-28-2007 at 12:52 PM

I remember when gleam first came out people asked this same question. If I remember correctly, and the situation hasn't changed, the answer is no. The gleam can only be shown for your space.

RE: [request] gleam plugin (is it possible?) by absorbation on 07-28-2007 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
I remember when gleam first came out people asked this same question. If I remember correctly, and the situation hasn't changed, the answer is no. The gleam can only be shown for your space.

True, people were trying to hack it to get it to work with Wordpress blogs. I get really annoyed when companies only make their products work with their other products. e.g. Messenger only supports Windows Live Spaces, not Facebook or MySpace.

Yahoo! have recently started making their software compatible with 3rd party programs, allowing their programs to integrate with a variety of cool services, rather than just being restricted to Yahoo! ones.

I also find it good that the Apple iPhone supports Gmail and Hotmail as standard.
RE: [request] gleam plugin (is it possible?) by narglin on 07-28-2007 at 07:39 PM

ow :(
that is very annoying :(

thank you anyway!

RE: [request] gleam plugin (is it possible?) by Zaarin on 07-29-2007 at 02:20 AM

@absorbation

... as opposed to Apple email?