Shoutbox

Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows (/showthread.php?tid=76398)

Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by Trance on 07-29-2007 at 04:14 PM

If someone opens a conversation window to my username, I'd like to be notified even if that person doesn't type anything.

Is this still possible?

I know years ago there were things like the Open Convo plugin, but it's been so long and I don't know which versions of MSN/WLM they work with, or if they still work at all.

Help, please? :$

RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by user27089 on 07-29-2007 at 04:15 PM

Unfortunately, due to the way Windows Live's servers are set up, this is no longer possible, sorry.

There are scripts floating around, however they're not fully functional and even though they may tell you when someone has opened a window, it may also just be telling you that someone has downloaded your display picture etc, which does not necessarily mean they've opened your window to speak to you.

RE: RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by Trance on 07-29-2007 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Unfortunately, due to the way Windows Live's servers are set up, this is no longer possible, sorry.

There are scripts floating around, however they're not fully functional and even though they may tell you when someone has opened a window, it may also just be telling you that someone has downloaded your display picture etc, which does not necessarily mean they've opened your window to speak to you.

Yeah actually I'd also like to be notified if someone tries to request a connection to my side to download my display picture.

As long as someone attempts to establish some sort of connection with my username, I would like to be notified. :P

Windows Live's servers? Does that also mean if I'm using MSN (and not WLM) and my friend is using MSN too, I will not be notified of such an event?

RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by alltalk on 07-30-2007 at 04:14 AM

ya.. i just upgraded my msn to 8.0 and now i don't have that function anymore.. can't even change back to 7.5 now.. :(

RE: RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by Trance on 07-30-2007 at 06:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alltalk
ya.. i just upgraded my msn to 8.0 and now i don't have that function anymore.. can't even change back to 7.5 now.. :(

Downgrading isn't possible for MSN?? O_O
RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by vaccination on 07-30-2007 at 08:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Trance
Yes, it is. Just install the latest version on your PC, download and install the version you want.
RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by ahmetgns on 07-30-2007 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Windows Live's servers? Does that also mean if I'm using MSN (and not WLM) and my friend is using MSN too, I will not be notified of such an event?
I think it is not Windows Live server's issue, it is Windows Live Messenger's issue. So if you use MSN Messenger, it should be enough to get such notifications with some tools, plugins, add-ons.
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Yes, it is. Just install the latest version on your PC, download and install the version you want.
Yes, it is. Just uninstall the latest version on your PC, .....
RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by Trance on 07-30-2007 at 03:50 PM

Oh I see. So the notification plugins may work with MSN...

Thanks a lot, everybody!

RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by alltalk on 07-30-2007 at 04:34 PM

i miss my old version which i can see who opened a conversation with me...

i guess i will try again to uninstall and install 7.5 again.. but i guess the old stuffplug might be gone though (anyone still have this file).. cross my finger

RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by Jesus on 07-30-2007 at 04:38 PM

This has been asked many times before. It used to be reliable in MSN Messenger 6.
For a more in-depth explanation, take a look at CookieRevised's  reply to Question regarding a "close msg window logger"
I know it's about your contact closing the conversation, but the closing notifiers are closely related to the opening notifier you're looking for.

RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by Zahid™ on 07-30-2007 at 04:40 PM

quote:
but i guess the old stuffplug might be gone though (anyone still have this file).. cross my finger

http://stuffplug.com/?act=download&file=1
RE: RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by Trance on 07-30-2007 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
This has been asked many times before. It used to be reliable in MSN Messenger 6.
For a more in-depth explanation, take a look at CookieRevised's  reply to Question regarding a "close msg window logger"
I know it's about your contact closing the conversation, but the closing notifiers are closely related to the opening notifier you're looking for.

Many thanks.

This is extremely helpful!

Will go and read it. :)

Sorry for the repeated topic. :P
RE: RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by alltalk on 07-31-2007 at 01:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
quote:
but i guess the old stuffplug might be gone though (anyone still have this file).. cross my finger

http://stuffplug.com/?act=download&file=1

thx.. that was quick.. i looked all over the site but couldn't find that.. :o

by the way, does that work on 8.1 too or just 7.5 and under?
RE: Alert Notification for Opened Conversation Windows by Zahid™ on 07-31-2007 at 09:18 AM

quote:
thx.. that was quick.. i looked all over the site but couldn't find that.. :o

by the way, does that work on 8.1 too or just 7.5 and under?
Just 7.5 and under.