Shoutbox

Pop-ups from Messenger? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Pop-ups from Messenger? (/showthread.php?tid=76491)

Pop-ups from Messenger? by Razzie on 08-02-2007 at 06:04 PM

Okay well, Messenger has been recently giving me popups while running the internet, even though I did not download the sponsor program.  I'm getting quite sick of them and while I have not used Spybot to remove anything, it has traced the popups back to this program and labeled them spyware. 
I need to know how to turn it off because it's ticking off my whole family(Including myself.)

RE: Pop-ups from Messenger? by Zahid™ on 08-02-2007 at 06:37 PM

Are you sure you haven't installed the sponser program? You can check by going to control panel > add/remove programs > Messenger plus live > Change / remove > And it will tell you if the sponser is installed or not.

RE: Pop-ups from Messenger? by Razzie on 08-02-2007 at 06:45 PM

Ya know that's the funny thing.  I reinstalled it just in case and told it not to add the sponsor program...  Again. 

However after that I still got the pop-ups.  Also, I found out my dad had updated the program while I had left the computer with MP!L still open...  And that that's when it started giving the pop-ups, it makes sense too because our other computers don't get the pop-ups and for the most part, aren't updated.

RE: Pop-ups from Messenger? by Sunshine on 08-02-2007 at 07:39 PM

Maybe your dad thought you were using the sponsor and checked the box for the sponsor (it never ever gets installed automaticly, you always get those checkboxes)...anyways...

...reinstall with sponsor, then immediately (do not use spybot or any other add/spyware removal program in between) uninstall the sponsor through add/remove programs..you can uninstall sponsor only (it will prompt you what you want to do when you click uninstall on Messenger Plus!).