Shoutbox

concerned about privacy - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: concerned about privacy (/showthread.php?tid=76562)

concerned about privacy by helloworld123 on 08-05-2007 at 05:50 PM

ok i have msg plus live and im concerned about one thing. my family members and some other people  use the same computer as i do. i use msgpluslivemessenger (whatever) and i have custom sounds and display pics there (the sound library has been always "private").

the question is: one of my relatives visited here and he logged in using msn 4.7 (he uses msgpluslive only when at home) on my computer. is there any possibility that my custom sounds and DP's somehow transferred into his account from the cache etc.? i dont know if it's possible at all, but someone please answer..   im paranoid please help.

RE: concerned about privacy by matty on 08-05-2007 at 06:11 PM

No Windows Messenger 4.7 doesn't make use of any of the features provided by Windows Live Messenger. Windows Messenger is geared towards corporate use while Windows Live Messenger is geared towards general users.

As well Messenger Plus! Live is only compatible with Windows Live Messenger. Not Windows Messenger.

RE: concerned about privacy by helloworld123 on 08-06-2007 at 03:04 PM

i don't even have the newest version of live installed which saves the custom stuff on their servers. :) so i guess i am safe now