Shoutbox

'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered. (/showthread.php?tid=76595)

'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered. by lynntah on 08-07-2007 at 02:18 PM

Hi, I dont know if what Im about to complain is under the right forum thread (about a bug) but hopefully it is.. :)

First of all, Im currently using the latest version of msn live msgr plus and running on windows xp os system.

My problem is that everytime I hover my Action tab and my Tools tab back and forth, the Personalize Messenger options and the Billing information option will duplicate themselves following the number of times I actually hover on it. Its annoying and its been there since the first time I downloaded Plus! (which was I think two or three months ago)

I will give a print screen of what happens after how many hovering I did over the Actions and Tools tab on the taskbar.

If its not a bug or anything of that sort. could anyone please tell me what's actually wrong with my messenger??

thanks very much.

- lynnette.

RE: 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered. by Patchou on 08-08-2007 at 05:36 AM

Anybody knows the reason for that? I can't reproduce the problem with only Plus! running here.

RE: 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered. by NanaFreak on 08-08-2007 at 06:09 AM

cant reproduce...

RE: 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered. by MattyRid on 08-08-2007 at 07:08 AM

either can I, which makes me wonder if the user is using any other addons like Messenger Air Live, Stuffplug and the like?

RE: 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered. by vaccination on 08-08-2007 at 08:47 AM

lynntah: Do you have any other add-ons for messenger? If so please list them.

Secondly, uninstall Plus! and tell us if the problem still occurs. 

RE: 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered. by Jesus on 08-08-2007 at 11:48 AM

I've had this problem when I tried to remove those items with a-patch (maybe messpatch too).
unchecking the "remove billing information menu" option in a-patch will leave you with just one submenu

RE: RE: 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hover by lynntah on 08-08-2007 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
I've had this problem when I tried to remove those items with a-patch (maybe messpatch too).
unchecking the "remove billing information menu" option in a-patch will leave you with just one submenu

I don't quite understand what you mean here. I never use that a-patch before though. Please explain further?

and..

No, I don't have any other add-ons.

secondly, I tried uninstalling Plus! thrice I think but that didn't solve the problem either.

so yea.

any other solutions that I can try?

I am really running out of ideas of why my msgr could possibly behave that way.. If its a virus or anything then I thought my anti-virus should have detected it in the first place.

help..

thanks. :)

RE: 'Personalize Msgr' and 'Billing Information' duplicates themselves when hovered. by CookieRevised on 08-09-2007 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lynntah
secondly, I tried uninstalling Plus! thrice I think but that didn't solve the problem either.
In that case this isn't a Messenger Plus! problem at all, but a bug in Messenger itself. So this doesn't belong in this subforum.

As a matter of fact, a long while ago an extremely similar 'bug' was reported.

Make sure you run the latest Windows Live Messenger version.

Other than that, report it again to Microsoft using the Help > Send Feedback menu