Shoutbox

Desktop problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Desktop problem (/showthread.php?tid=76629)

Desktop problem by EBFL on 08-08-2007 at 11:22 AM

When uploading pictures to my computer from my camera i forgot to click a folder so they went on the desktop, so now, theres pictures that's not on the screen, so how can i delete them quickly?

RE: Desktop problem by Volv on 08-08-2007 at 11:36 AM

Open up any folder and put "C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Desktop\" in the URL bar thingy, then it will show the Desktop as it would any other folder (with scrollbars and all).

RE: Desktop problem by Verte on 08-08-2007 at 12:05 PM

That should work, but if it doesn't, open up my computer and press the backspace key, that will definitely get you there. I only say this because for some reason, the desktop on this machine is C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Jokes\Desktop. No idea how that happened or who did it.

RE: Desktop problem by ShawnZ on 08-08-2007 at 12:07 PM

what are you two talking about? he's asking how to delete a bunch of pictures at once, not open his desktop o.O

RE: Desktop problem by EBFL on 08-08-2007 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
what are you two talking about? he's asking how to delete a bunch of pictures at once, not open his desktop o.O
Yeah, but using Volv's way by opening run and putting "C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Desktop\" i was able to view all items on my desktop when i just highlighted all the pictures and deleted them. :tongue:
Thanks, Volv. <3
EDIT: thanks Verte aswell <3