Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Problem? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Problem? (/showthread.php?tid=76696)

Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Problem? by Eddie on 08-11-2007 at 06:12 AM

Whenever i try and load Windows Live Messenger 8.5 [Beta] it tries to install it everytime and then eventually it comes up with this error...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=842251]

Can anyone help me out here?
P.S. This happens after the "Update 1" and after i hit cancel and ignore it Windows Live Messenger 8.5 loads correctly :S it doesn't make sense to me.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Problem? by absorbation on 08-11-2007 at 04:24 PM

Are you on a local network? The error suggests it is trying to load the program (which is stored on the network) and you don't have access toit . Are you connected to the network? Maybe should try downloading and installing the beta again locally :).

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Problem? by Eddie on 08-11-2007 at 07:22 PM

Im on a router yes, and i am the Admin of my Computer and the Router itself, i installed the beta directly on my account in all the default areas. And i repeat it only happens after the "Update 1" *-)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Problem? by tootsieroll48 on 08-13-2007 at 12:30 AM

I had that problem too!
I went and deleted the folder that was in that window in the picture you have there. (Under "Use Source" the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\....) and then that window didn't pop up anymore and seemed to fix the problem.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Problem? by matty on 08-13-2007 at 02:08 AM

Blah

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Download/Install the application
Run the application
Choose the install from the list and remove it. It will just cleanup and left overs from the install and fix the issue.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Problem? by Eddie on 08-13-2007 at 09:17 AM

I fixed it by simply performing another install after the update and it works perfectly fine now.