Shoutbox

Personal Messages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Personal Messages (/showthread.php?tid=76791)

Personal Messages by Richard91 on 08-15-2007 at 01:39 PM

Hey. I'm looking for a script that disables personal messages. I'd like to be able to not see people's personal messages on the contact list screen. Is there a script? Thanks.

(Y)

RE: Personal Messages by exbox on 08-15-2007 at 01:46 PM

Yeah, it could be quite useful to cleanup the contact list, but i think this should be built into messenger itself.

RE: RE: Personal Messages by Richard91 on 08-15-2007 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by exbox
Yeah, it could be quite useful to cleanup the contact list, but i think this should be built into messenger itself.

I've heard there is quite a few scripts floating around, I just can't find them.
RE: Personal Messages by Deco on 08-15-2007 at 02:09 PM

You can do this by resource hacking.
Search the forums here and at Mess.be

There are a bunch of examples on how to remove things from MSN and which programs to use. You can remove users PSM by removing a part of the code in the resources for msgres.dll as far as I remember.

If you can't find it send me a PM and I'll find it and tell you. But try first so you can actually learn before you ask me to do it :)

Have fun!

RE: Personal Messages by pollolibredegrasa on 08-15-2007 at 02:24 PM

Or you could just patch Messenger using something like A-Patch which has this option.

RE: RE: Personal Messages by Richard91 on 08-15-2007 at 02:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
Or you could just patch Messenger using something like A-Patch which has this option.

I'm not sure if that's for the window I'm talking about. I'm talking about the contact list, the main window.
RE: Personal Messages by vaccination on 08-15-2007 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Richard91
I'm not sure if that's for the window I'm talking about. I'm talking about the contact list, the main window.
It is.
RE: Personal Messages by Richard91 on 08-15-2007 at 03:31 PM

I used Deco's method, but it leaves a "-" after some nicknames, I took a screenshot.

http://sixpop.com/images/file/39032218.png

I need to get rid of those too.

RE: Personal Messages by Deco on 08-15-2007 at 03:43 PM

Just so everybody knows what I told him to do... in case anyone wants to do the same.

Here it goes:

Ok since this depends on the messenger version you'll have to do it yourself but it should be pretty close to what I'll send you here.

http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

Download the program, upack and run it as administrator. Close messenger and make sure it exits. It shouldn't be in the system tray. If it is right click it and click on EXIT.

Click file, open and find a file named msgres.dll which is inside your MSN Messenger folder (usually c:\program files\msn messenger\msgres.dll).

Once the file is open there are a couple colapsible folders on the left side...Open the 4004 folder, then open the 1004 folder .. there will be one item called 1033. Click on that and a bunch of text will apear on the right side of the screen.  In that text find this part:

<PSMElement id=atom(idPSMelem) Email=bind(property:".";transform:127) StatusMessage=bind(property:"StatusMessage") MusicInfo=bind(property:"CurrentMedia") Layout=BorderLayout()>
<Element id=atom(idPSM) Layout=VerticalFlowLayout(0,2,3,2)>
<EmoticonText id=atom(idPSMText) Active=Inactive/>
</Element>
<Element id=atom(idCurrentSong) Layout=BorderLayout() Visible=False>
<Element id=atom(idSongIcon) Active=Inactive/>
<UrlElem id=atom(idSongText) Layout=VerticalFlowLayout(0,2,0,2) class="PSMUrl" CmdID=2339 ShowAmpersand=False>
<WLEdit id=atom(idSongInnerText) active=inactive/>
</UrlElem>
</Element>
</PSMElement>

Select this part and delete it. Click on the COMPILE SCRIPT button. Then FILE-> SAVE.

Now still in the 4004 folder, open the 1009 folder and click on the 1033 item. Do the same thing. Find the part where it says <PSMElement> and select from that point until </PSMElement> and delete it.

Click on the COMPILE SCRIPT button, then SAVE and reopen messenger. PSM message shouldn't be visible.

Hope this helps.

RE: Personal Messages by Richard91 on 08-15-2007 at 03:45 PM

Thanks. I just need to know how to get rid of the dashes now.

RE: Personal Messages by exbox on 08-15-2007 at 04:42 PM

Great, thanks!

Even if we cant get rid of the dashes, its close enough ;)

RE: Personal Messages by vaccination on 08-15-2007 at 05:28 PM

quote:

idk, how about, err, patching messenger?

quote:

RE: RE: Personal Messages by Richard91 on 08-15-2007 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

idk, how about, err, patching messenger?

quote:

How about, I tried that and it's stopped me from being able to start conversations? 8o|
RE: Personal Messages by vaccination on 08-15-2007 at 05:47 PM

quote:
How about, I tried that and it's stopped me from being able to start conversations? 8o|
Then you did something wrong.
RE: RE: RE: Personal Messages by pollolibredegrasa on 08-15-2007 at 05:58 PM

quote:

Thats most likely because you went and modified Messenger yourself before running the patch. Like it tells you on the first screen of A-Patch, you must only run it on an unmodified version of Messenger.

If you made a backup of the msgres.dll you will have to replace your modified one with it, and start over. If you did not create a backup, then you most likely will have to reinstall WLM.

I can confirm it is nothing wrong with A-Patch because I have tested it myself, with no problems.

Hope this helps

RE: RE: RE: RE: Personal Messages by Richard91 on 08-15-2007 at 07:40 PM

quote:
quote:

Thats most likely because you went and modified Messenger yourself before running the patch. Like it tells you on the first screen of A-Patch, you must only run it on an unmodified version of Messenger.

If you made a backup of the msgres.dll you will have to replace your modified one with it, and start over. If you did not create a backup, then you most likely will have to reinstall WLM.

I can confirm it is nothing wrong with A-Patch because I have tested it myself, with no problems.

Hope this helps

Thank you.