Shoutbox

watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) (/showthread.php?tid=76794)

watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by rix on 08-15-2007 at 05:12 PM

Yes, i might be coming. Atm im looking for a companion to travel with, but quite likely i'll be staying at London in October 11-15th. Reason i'll be there is a football match between England and Estonia and 1500+ fans from Estonia are going to be there supporting Estonia.

Reason why i'm writing is simple: i have no place to stay for 4 nights. Hotels and guesthouses are not as affordable as i want them to be. So i'm looking for some community members who perhaps could offer me a place to stay. Don't worry, i'm quite taciturn and willing to work (for beer). :P

My last chances are Estonian embassy and some old Estonian living in Fulham, who is said to be very kind and hospitable. So i hope i'll survive.

RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by kao on 08-15-2007 at 05:24 PM

Haha.

[Image: you-gonna-get-raped.jpg]

No, you can't stay at mine ;p

RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by Oxy on 08-15-2007 at 05:42 PM

Don't live in london, would offer if i did though :)
(and don't forget pix, pleases. <3)

RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by Sunshine on 08-15-2007 at 05:43 PM

Try a Hostel, backpackers thing with shared rooms:

http://www.hostelbookers.com/booking/index.cfm

We done this for the Messenger Meet London in 2005.

RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by saralk on 08-15-2007 at 08:27 PM

If I get into KCL, I might be able to let you stay at my halls of residence, you'd have to sleep on the floor though, since I ain't sharing a single bed with a dude.

RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by aNILEator on 08-15-2007 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
I ain't sharing a single bed with a dude.

It's hard enough to share a single bed with anyone really :-/

Saralk I even got confirmation from my Uni before getting my results so bet you're bricking it for thursday's post :P
RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by saralk on 08-16-2007 at 01:40 PM

Yeah I was, I left the house for school and two minutes later, the post arrived telling me I had got in.

My dad chose not to tell me, bast.

RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by Nathan on 08-16-2007 at 01:46 PM

so, does that mean he can go sleep with you then?

Wait, that sounds wrong :P

RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by Oxy on 08-16-2007 at 01:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Saralk I even got confirmation from my Uni before getting my results so bet you're bricking it for thursday's post
Haha, yeah, my brother got a confirmation letter before he had recieved his results :P
RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by rix on 08-20-2007 at 01:49 PM

Ok, plain tickets are bought. It turned out that we're going to stay in a hostel. I've been looking around at cheapesthostels.com and found many good offers (Central Hostel, No.8, The Royal Bayswater Hostel). Unfortunately i can book only up to 20 people, which is a loss because there are ~30 people in our group. Do you think they will accept double booking (like.. 15+15)?

Oh.. and please name some large hostels near Wembley. Cost for night should be ~10 gbp.

RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by toddy on 08-20-2007 at 03:37 PM

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&...&ie=UTF8&z=13&om=1

¬_¬ google

RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by Voldemort on 08-20-2007 at 09:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
Unfortunately i can book only up to 20 people, which is a loss because there are ~30 people in our group. Do you think they will accept double booking (like.. 15+15)?
yes, just use two different names from your group :p
RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by Rolando on 08-21-2007 at 01:18 AM

what the heck is a hostel..

RE: watch out, i'm coming to London!!! (actually i need a bit help) by Eddie on 08-21-2007 at 05:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
what the heck is a hostel..
A place for someone to stay? :P

Google <3
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+hostel&meta=