Shoutbox

Viewing data track in re: audio cd - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Viewing data track in re: audio cd (/showthread.php?tid=76813)

Viewing data track in re: audio cd by Vazza on 08-16-2007 at 03:19 PM

Okay, so this will sound daft when I ask this but, how do I view a data track? This is in reference to a music cd which has an enhanced section which is supposed to run automatically (hahaha)

I know that the data track in in fact a video but I can only view the audio tracks in explorer and I can't seem to view anything to do with that data track....I'd be really grateful if anyone knows how to overcome this because this isn't the first time that I've encountered. I'm using Window XP.

RE: Viewing data track in re: audio cd by user13774 on 08-17-2007 at 12:28 PM

It should be arranged the other way around. In explorer you should only see the 'data files' on the disk and media players should recognize the disk as an audio cd.

RE: Viewing data track in re: audio cd by absorbation on 08-17-2007 at 02:03 PM

Are you positive it comes with a music video? It could be hidden, try searching the CD allowing it to view hidden files and folders. Other than that, I don't know why you can't see it :S.

RE: Viewing data track in re: audio cd by andrewdodd13 on 08-17-2007 at 03:24 PM

If all you can see is the Track xx.cda files, then there's a high chance that XP isn't realising there's a data track there.

You could try using something like ISO Buster to check if there's really a video track there, and if there is, ISOBuster should allow you to rip the data to the hard disk.

RE: Viewing data track in re: audio cd by Vazza on 08-17-2007 at 07:34 PM

Yes I know that there is a track there, as it's listed it on the cd inlay itself....*sigh* Dodgy XP :dodgy:

So this will sound stupid but I assume that ISO buster isn't free....would any program based along that same idea work on it?

RE: Viewing data track in re: audio cd by andrewdodd13 on 08-18-2007 at 10:11 AM

ISOBuster can be downloaded for free, here. It's technically a trial version, but it's always had the full features in the trial version.