Shoutbox

Event Log invasion of my privacy - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Event Log invasion of my privacy (/showthread.php?tid=76815)

Event Log invasion of my privacy by The Rigsby on 08-16-2007 at 03:27 PM

Can anybody tell me how i can prevent,disable or stop the event log from showing when i have been on line????
I like my privacy and don't need people knowing when i have been on line.
Any help would be good.

RE: Event Log invasion of my privacy by matty on 08-16-2007 at 03:30 PM

Appear Offline?

Really there is no way to disable others from seeing when you have been online. Aside from blocking them.

RE: Event Log invasion of my privacy by Cartox on 08-16-2007 at 04:03 PM

If your talking about your own event viewer ,just ad yourself to you contact list and go to Plus!>>Preferences>>Messenger>>event loging
and filter yourself out..

If you want yourself not to display on someone else's event logger
than you can't.. or do like matty says

RE: Event Log invasion of my privacy by The Rigsby on 08-17-2007 at 04:26 PM

It is other peoples logs i don't want to appear on so if blocking everyone is the only answer,pain in the arse that it is , then blocking it will have to be unless any one knows of another way.

RE: Event Log invasion of my privacy by toddy on 08-17-2007 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Rigsby
It is other peoples logs i don't want to appear on so if blocking everyone is the only answer,pain in the arse that it is , then blocking it will have to be unless any one knows of another way.
sign in appearing offline
then either talk to people whilst appearing offline or just change you're status to online when you want
RE: Event Log invasion of my privacy by Adeptus on 08-18-2007 at 04:46 PM

quote:
I like my privacy and don't need people knowing when i have been on line.
It's not as much of a privacy problem as you seem to think.  The log only records what people could see if they were looking at their Messenger window, anyway.  If they didn't have Plus!, they could keep an eye on it and see you online.  Why does that bother you?
RE: Event Log invasion of my privacy by The Rigsby on 08-19-2007 at 12:10 PM

If i have been on msn at 4am thats my business and nobody else's. There should not be a record of when i have been on if i don't want there to be and thats were the problem lies. To me its as bad as tracking cookies or spyware.

RE: Event Log invasion of my privacy by toddy on 08-19-2007 at 12:18 PM

quote:
If i have been on msn at 4am thats my business and nobody else's. There should not be a record of when i have been on if i don't want there to be and thats were the problem lies. To me its as bad as tracking cookies or spyware.
no weird near the same. spyware and tracking cookies, take details off your computer without you knowing (or at least the average user won't notice)

if you add people on messenger, then you've accepted that these people can see you when your online/change your status. all plus does it make a log of these changes.

if you don't want people seeing when you're online, either block (and delete?) them, sign in appearing offline, or don't bother signing it at all