Shoutbox

Weird timeout error (in 8.1 and 8.5). - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Weird timeout error (in 8.1 and 8.5). (/showthread.php?tid=76831)

Weird timeout error (in 8.1 and 8.5). by rixth on 08-17-2007 at 08:39 AM

This problem is present for me in Live Messenger 8.1 too. I'm using Vista Ultimate.

This is what happens: I will sign on, everything is fine. I can talk to people, then, about ten minutes in, everything stops working.

I can't change my status. I can't receive IMs (my contacts say they get the "message cannot be delivered to all recipients" error). When I send IMs, I do not get the "message cannot be delivered to all recipients" error, but my contacts don't get the message I sent them either.

I appear online to my contacts when this is occuring. It seems like the link between the server & client has been severed, but neither knows about it.

If I signout, I get a error window saying "Could not start a conversation with X (X is a contact name)". It comes up 3 times for every contact I tried to talk to.

When I sign back in, it is OK for another ten minutes or so.

Is this a known glitch, or something new? Any ideas as to solutions or causes?

RE: Weird timeout error (in 8.1 and 8.5). by MattyRid on 08-17-2007 at 09:08 AM

what firewall are you using?

what type of connection are you using (wired connection or wireless connection)?

does you connection involve a router of some kind?

RE: Weird timeout error (in 8.1 and 8.5). by rixth on 08-17-2007 at 09:36 AM

Just the Vista firewall. It's a wired connection & I've tried with two differnt ADSL routers.

RE: Weird timeout error (in 8.1 and 8.5). by MattyRid on 08-17-2007 at 10:03 AM

have you checked that Vista has allowed Messenger in it's firewall? (long shot I know but you never know)

RE: Weird timeout error (in 8.1 and 8.5). by rixth on 08-17-2007 at 10:35 PM

Yup it is- this is perplexing. I've trieid disabling it too, the glitch is still aparent.

Could be in issue with my internet connection? (ADSL).

RE: Weird timeout error (in 8.1 and 8.5). by rixth on 08-18-2007 at 12:34 PM

Just upgraded the firmware in my router, seems to have made a difference.

RE: Weird timeout error (in 8.1 and 8.5). by vinorgouki on 11-06-2007 at 03:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rixth
This problem is present for me in Live Messenger 8.1 too. I'm using Vista Ultimate.

This is what happens: I will sign on, everything is fine. I can talk to people, then, about ten minutes in, everything stops working.

I can't change my status. I can't receive IMs (my contacts say they get the "message cannot be delivered to all recipients" error). When I send IMs, I do not get the "message cannot be delivered to all recipients" error, but my contacts don't get the message I sent them either.

I appear online to my contacts when this is occuring. It seems like the link between the server & client has been severed, but neither knows about it.

If I signout, I get a error window saying "Could not start a conversation with X (X is a contact name)". It comes up 3 times for every contact I tried to talk to.

When I sign back in, it is OK for another ten minutes or so.

Is this a known glitch, or something new? Any ideas as to solutions or causes?

i hav the same problem?

i try to disable firewall, upgrade my router to latest firmware. n also try to reformat windows x64 n x86, then try msn with a clean windows, but still getting the same problems.
n my another notebook using the same router wont face the errors, hows the errors come?

im using windows vista x64, Linksys WAG200G. n my pc spec,
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB kit PC2-6400
EVGA nForce 680i SLI A1
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX
Western Digital RE 250GB YS x 2 (Raid 0)
Silver Stone Olympia 650Watt

so how to fix the errors? pls help, thanx here...