Shoutbox

Messenger send email or SMS - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger send email or SMS (/showthread.php?tid=76847)

Messenger send email or SMS by piggieshorts on 08-18-2007 at 06:58 AM

Hi all,

Is there anyone that is aware of a script/plugin/add on for WLM or better yet... older versions (ie 7.5) of MSN Messenger which will send either an SMS message or an email when a contact comes online?  Or when an unattended IM message is received?  I would SO love to be able to step away from my computer and be notified when a contact comes online or a message is received.  :-)

I have searched and searched for one.  Have found one for Trillian... but do not like Triallian at all.  Nor can I get the plugin to work.

If there is no such thing for Messenger... I would do almost anything (come on, be reasonable :-) to get someone with script knowledge and experience to develop one.  At the soonest of course.  :-)

Thanks much to anyone that help!

RE: Messenger send email or SMS by Spunky on 08-18-2007 at 07:56 AM

If it sends an email, you would have to be at your computer anyway... I'm not sure if it's possible with SMS (though it should be), but the main problem there is the cost. Most SMS sites/programs charge you for sending an SMS and also sometimes, place text advertising at the bottom. So I think it's possible, but you'll probably end up paying more than if you employed someone to stare at your monitor and yell when someone comes online ^o) :p

RE: Messenger send email or SMS by piggieshorts on 08-18-2007 at 05:26 PM

That was good... lol.  :-)  And thank you for replying.

Interesting.  First I've heard of a charge to send SMS messages.  I have sent them from my computer (through other channels) and never been charged.

Regarding having an email generated and sent.  I have hotmail set up to send an SMS message when I receive certain emails... so that is how I would cover this type of solution.

Still looking for a solution.  :-)