Shoutbox

CID virus Trojan in system restore - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: CID virus Trojan in system restore (/showthread.php?tid=76873)

CID virus Trojan in system restore by anchorageb2 on 08-19-2007 at 06:31 AM

I did a have a virus. i downloaded the newset version and had delete so much. I had ad ware everywhere.

I really love messenger plus but now i am scared to try downloading it again. I had turn off my sytem restore and do alrge memory dump then find each infected sytem file and delete them manually because it was not recognises by a any virus program I ran. it was actually a Spy remover program that found it and I had to run three of them before one actually told me there was adware  but it didnt remove it permantely because it was in the system restore.
I am not the only one who who had this problem when downloading this program. Several other people had the same problem. What is wierd is they were not all the same.

My spy bot after downloading this found 27 adware programs running but the CID one was definatley in your messenger program.
Oh and I did not download it from another site.

RE: CID virus Trojan in system restore by NanaFreak on 08-19-2007 at 06:34 AM

you can install plus without the adware... just dont accept the adware and you can still use plus :)

RE: CID virus Trojan in system restore by High Speed Chaser on 08-19-2007 at 06:56 AM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=770988]

If you choose the second option then you don't install ad-ware.

RE: CID virus Trojan in system restore by Dane on 08-19-2007 at 06:56 AM

Important: If you have problems uninstalling Messenger Plus! Live, REINSTALL with the sponsor and then perform an uninstall again.  Removing the ad-ware seperate from the uninstaller can damage the uninstaller.

You can get full instructions at the following URL: How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor

RE: CID virus Trojan in system restore by absorbation on 08-19-2007 at 01:38 PM

Don't worry, they will always be popping up in the system restore folder, they are not dangerous at all. Your virus scanner is just finding files which won't work without the rest of the program backuped up in your system restore. Although removing them from system restore may seem like a bad idea, it is perfectly safe as those files are not required to repair your system :).

I had the same problem with AVG picking up C2LOP over and over again.

RE: CID virus Trojan in system restore by Patchou on 08-19-2007 at 08:02 PM

This is not a virus, just an adware program and it installs only one. If you want to remove the sponsor, just use the Messenger Plus! uninstaller and don't try to do anythign with system restore, an antispyware program, etc... the sponsor is liek any other software: to uninstall it, use its own program.