Shoutbox

Erase chat logs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Erase chat logs (/showthread.php?tid=76910)

Erase chat logs by Eternalbaka on 08-21-2007 at 03:32 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm posting here because I'd like to know if it was possible to erase chat logs which are on the web (you know, the HTML page). For some reasons I want to erase a log.
Does anybody know how to do it, please?
I'm sorry, I didn't search before posting, because I don't have much time and I'm not really used to search topic in English... >.<

RE: Erase chat logs by ahmetgns on 08-21-2007 at 05:31 PM

Chat logs of WLM and Messenger Plus! are HTML files (except encrpyted ones), but it doesn't mean that they are stored on the web. All of them are at your computer, probably in "My Documents" folder, just find them and delete normally.

RE: Erase chat logs by Eternalbaka on 08-21-2007 at 05:40 PM

I see...
Thanks for the reply! :)

RE: RE: Erase chat logs by pollolibredegrasa on 08-21-2007 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Chat logs of WLM and Messenger Plus! are HTML files (except encrpyted ones), but it doesn't mean that they are stored on the web. All of them are at your computer, probably in "My Documents" folder, just find them and delete normally.

Actually, WLM chat logs are stored as XML files, not HTML files. Plus! chat logs are either HTML or txt, unless they are encrypted in which case they are .ple.

Either way, the default directory for Plus! logs is My Documents\My Chat Logs (you can check this by going to Plus>Preferences>Conversations>Chat Logging).

The default for WLM chat logs (as far as I am aware) is My Documents\My Received Files\<first part of your email + Messenger User ID>\History (you can check this by going to Tools>Options>Messages).

Hope this helps

RE: Erase chat logs by Sunshine on 08-21-2007 at 05:47 PM

You can find out where your logs are by going to Plus > Preferences > Conversations > Chat Logging

If you log with messenger itself you can find wich folder by going to Tools > Options > Messages...under Message History

Neither of the above chatlogs are stored online.

If you are using some script (e.g. Online Chat Logger) or other program to store your chats online you best look into the settings and options of that.