Shoutbox

Click on Toast - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Click on Toast (/showthread.php?tid=76924)

Click on Toast by matt_wrfc on 08-21-2007 at 10:41 PM

I was wondering if anyone could teach me and maybe explain the code needed to make a Toast so that when you click on it, it opens up the Chat Window.

I'm relatively new to scripting as i just started yesterday and so far I have made an Auto Responder from scratch, a simple menu to change your Status, a simple window to change your Nickname and Personal Message, a simple Contact Imitator and some other simple things like a Welcome Toast and a Contact has signed out Toast.

I am also willing to learn anything that people are willing to teach about maybe making better, more complex or more efficient scripts.

I Thank You in advacne for any help offered.

RE: Click on Toast by matty on 08-21-2007 at 11:48 PM

Did you read the documentation? It is described quite fully.

http://mpscripts.net/docs.php?p=ref-plusevents-to...llbacktemplate.htm

RE: Click on Toast by matt_wrfc on 08-21-2007 at 11:51 PM

Yes, I read the Scripting Documentation but I didn't see anything about how to make the toast open the chat window.

RE: Click on Toast by matty on 08-21-2007 at 11:52 PM

Check the link in my previous post it shows how to use the ToastCallbackTemplate.

Instead of passing 42, if you pass the contacts email, then you can say Messenger.OpenChat(vParam); or whatever you call the parameter.

RE: Click on Toast by matt_wrfc on 08-21-2007 at 11:53 PM

Ok, Thankyou for your help.

Do you have any tips, bits of code etc. that a newbie could use please?

RE: Click on Toast by matty on 08-22-2007 at 12:01 AM

Well honestly searching the forum is a good start to see how to do things. This has been asked before. The code is out there. Including the examples in the scripting doc.