Shoutbox

Random characters added to end of the name when using custom statuses - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Random characters added to end of the name when using custom statuses (/showthread.php?tid=76934)

Random characters added to end of the name when using custom statuses by Super Sam on 08-22-2007 at 01:53 PM

Lately I upgraded to a new computer, so I saved my Messenger Plus settings and imported them. Now, whenever I change to a custom status, after a while, my name will be appended with all kinds of weird characters. Here's an example of it happening from my event log:

code:
Date: 2007-08-22 - Time: 20:40:31
Name changed: This has been my name for (1160) days and counting (Aug 22) {Not at my Computer}
Date: 2007-08-22 - Time: 20:40:35
Name changed: This has been my name for (1160) days and counting (Aug 22)В {Not at my Computer}
Date: 2007-08-22 - Time: 20:40:35
Name changed: This has been my name for (1160) days and counting (Aug 22)В
Date: 2007-08-22 - Time: 20:41:12
Name changed: This has been my name for (1160) days and counting (Aug 22)Р’

This is just a basic example, and there are cases of up to 30 characters being added. I think it only occurs when I lock my computer (Winkey + L) after changing the status, but I can't be sure.

Using Windows XP SP2, WLM 8.1 and MsgPlus 4.23.276.
RE: Random characters added to end of the name when using custom statuses by ahmetgns on 08-22-2007 at 09:01 PM

Personalized status dissapears and nick is changed

Known problem but unfortunately there is no known perfect solution. Disable roaming option of Windows Live Messenger for the time being.

quote:
Originally posted by Super Sam
Lately I upgraded to a new computer, so I saved my...
So it was OK with your previous computer, ha?

PS: Welcome to Messenger Plus! forums. Search forums once before posting please.
RE: Random characters added to end of the name when using custom statuses by Super Sam on 08-23-2007 at 06:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
So it was OK with your previous computer, ha?

Yeah. Same OS, and slightly older versions of WLM and Plus.

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns

I did a few searches, but only within the Bug Reports forum. I shall make a mental note.