Shoutbox

WLM toasts + Msg Plus! Live font formatting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: WLM toasts + Msg Plus! Live font formatting (/showthread.php?tid=76954)

WLM toasts + Msg Plus! Live font formatting by frosty1433 on 08-23-2007 at 09:27 AM

I've noticed that in the WLM toasts, the user's display name is partial when they use the Plus! formatting. The formatting still takes place, but I assume the code to format the font is being counted against the maximum chars allowed in a standard WLM toast.
For example, the following:
[c=46]t[/c][c=12]e[/c][c=11]s[/c][c=10]t[/c]
Only shows "tes..." in the WLM toast. It is formatted correctly though:
tes...
s is not formatted, because I assume the rest of the format code was cut off.
If this cannot be fixed, maybe there should be an option to remove all format codes from the toasts?

RE: WLM toasts + Msg Plus! Live font formatting by frosty1433 on 08-25-2007 at 10:15 PM

So  what does everyone think about this?

RE: WLM toasts + Msg Plus! Live font formatting by Patchou on 09-02-2007 at 03:05 PM

unfortunately, this limitation is caused by Messenger itself, I cannot do much about it.

RE: WLM toasts + Msg Plus! Live font formatting by frosty1433 on 09-05-2007 at 08:00 AM

How about having an option to strip the format tags for WLM toasts? Would that be possible?

RE: WLM toasts + Msg Plus! Live font formatting by Patchou on 09-05-2007 at 04:29 PM

The main issue here is that Messenger itself cuts the string before adding it to the toasts so if format codes are present, Messenger cuts the string very short. Nothign I'll do will fix this error.

RE: WLM toasts + Msg Plus! Live font formatting by frosty1433 on 09-06-2007 at 02:07 AM

Oh, I see...
Well, I might have an idea, but you've probably already tried it...
First of all, it is possible to use a WLM toast with your own content? Or maybe have some option to completely disable WLM toasts and use MSG Plus Live toasts instead?
It's probably too much effort to even try to fix this bug, since it's not that serious.