Shoutbox

[Request] Name it what you want. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Name it what you want. (/showthread.php?tid=76988)

[Request] Name it what you want. by xAlexKiblerx on 08-24-2007 at 11:27 PM

I'm wondering if there is/if it's possible to create a script that lets you know what scripts your friends have.  My friends never tell me what scripts they have, even though there are some cool ones.

RE: [Request] Name it what you want. by roflmao456 on 08-25-2007 at 12:01 AM

i don't think it's possible just by one script,
they would have to have another script which supplies the list of scripts they have so then when they receive a special message from you, it will display their scripts. (not sure if that made sense but meh)

RE: [Request] Name it what you want. by davidpolitis on 08-25-2007 at 12:03 AM

No, it would not be possible, script information is not sent over the server.

Although you could create a script to check the registry and then get the installed scripts list and then send the list to a contact or something along those lines.

So... basically, thats the only way you could do it without doing something complicated that sends information over the server.

EDIT: Beat me to it... Blah!

RE: [Request] Name it what you want. by Voldemort on 08-25-2007 at 12:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by davidpolitis
No, it would not be possible, script information is not sent over the server.
ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no?
RE: [Request] Name it what you want. by davidpolitis on 08-25-2007 at 12:28 AM

He wanted to know if it is possible to create a script which tells him his contacts installed scripts which is not possible since that information is not sent over the server... atleast I don't think it is. Why would Plus! have a reason to?

RE: [Request] Name it what you want. by Voldemort on 08-25-2007 at 01:06 AM

quote:
He wanted to know if it is possible to create a script which tells him his contacts installed scripts which is not possible since that information is not sent over the server... atleast I don't think it is. Why would Plus! have a reason to?
erm, Plus! can't send anything through WLM servers, the script info would be sent as a message....
RE: [Request] Name it what you want. by davidpolitis on 08-25-2007 at 01:11 AM

Now I get you now, sorry :$

How come its possible to check stuff sought of like that then? eg. a contacts MDL version.

RE: [Request] Name it what you want. by Spunky on 08-25-2007 at 03:18 AM

quote:

How come its possible to check to check stuff sought of like that then? eg. a contacts MDL version.

Because it sends a message ("PING") and then their MP!L sends a reply (as another message)
RE: [Request] Name it what you want. by roflmao456 on 08-26-2007 at 02:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:

How come its possible to check to check stuff sought of like that then? eg. a contacts MDL version.

Because it sends a message ("PING") and then their MP!L sends a reply (as another message)
[offtopic/]

to be exact,

Pinger says:
Ping? [msgplus]
Ponger says:
Pong! [resps]

:P
RE: [Request] Name it what you want. by davidpolitis on 08-26-2007 at 03:12 AM

ROFL, I'm not a retard... :/

RE: [Request] Name it what you want. by lizard.boy on 08-28-2007 at 10:08 PM

quote:

If by MDL you mean Messenger Discovery Live, I belive it acts as a proxy between you and the messenger servers, and is able to intercept and send messages through the proxy.