Shoutbox

Messenger Plus Installation Altered? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus Installation Altered? (/showthread.php?tid=77017)

Messenger Plus Installation Altered? by karenc on 08-26-2007 at 05:36 AM

Well, once I was trying to uninstall a bunch of things. Loooooong time ago.
I accidently pressed the uninstall button to either messenger plus live or just windows messenger live, I can't really remember which one, but i pressed cancel as soon as I could, but I still think some things were deleted. Ever since, every time I log into the computer I keep getting a window message saying this:

[Image: 4kn6xjb.jpg]

Then after I press OK, it takes me to this

http://www.msgpluslive.net/

The downloading site. But I already have it downloaded, and it works just fine, so why does it want me to re-download it?
Anyways, I have re-downloaded it, but it does nothing to solve the problem, and it that annoying window keeps popping up every time I log into the computer, so what should I do? Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
I haven't a clue why it keeps doing this. :S

RE: Messenger Plus Installation Altered? by MattyRid on 08-26-2007 at 09:03 AM

OK I would try removing Messenger Plus! completely and then reinstall it.

If that doesn't help then a clean install might be needed, to which the required links will be given if a clean install is necessary.

RE: Messenger Plus Installation Altered? by Dane on 08-26-2007 at 11:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by karenc

[Image: 4kn6xjb.jpg]

Which Version of Messenger Plus! Live are you running?  You shouldnt be seeing this Window if theres a problem with Plus!, you should be seeing the Plus! Recovery Console.
RE: Messenger Plus Installation Altered? by Menthix on 08-26-2007 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
You shouldnt be seeing this Window if theres a problem with Plus!, you should be seeing the Plus! Recovery Console.
Recovery console is when Plus! files aren't altered but Plus! fails to hook on Messenger. This error seems to be telling Plus! is missing a file or is corrupted.

Like MattyRid said, try uninstalling Plus! and then re-install it again (during uninstall you can choose to keep your settings). If that doesn't help, uninstall Live Messenger and re-install that.