Shoutbox

frequently disconnecting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: frequently disconnecting (/showthread.php?tid=77070)

frequently disconnecting by jesse741 on 08-28-2007 at 08:01 PM

has anyone had this problem ?

[Image: msngn2.png]

it's rather annoying and i cant solve it, upgrading/degrading firmware on my router or wireless reciever does nothing...started after i formatted and re installed windows actually, i usually do that to make my system run better, now this happens :S

any help much appreicated, thanks

RE: frequently disconnecting by matty on 08-28-2007 at 08:10 PM

This isn't a problem with Messenger Plus! Live unless it is falsely detecting that you are signing out and back in.

Does your entire internet drop when this happens or is it just Windows Live Messenger? What type of connection do you have?

If this only happens with WLM its likely a problem with their servers if it happens to your entire internet call your ISP.

RE: frequently disconnecting by jesse741 on 08-28-2007 at 08:20 PM

just msn drops out, i stay on my online game 24/7 without disconnecting and bittorents dont adjust thier speeds of DL/UL whatsoever, and my friends are complaining, well rather just asking why its happening, so no, it just seems to be me

i have rogers cable in canada as an ISP

using a netgear WPNT834 router with a WPNT121 reciever on my computer, always at excellent singal strength at a constant 240MBPS ..never disconnects

RE: frequently disconnecting by MicroWay on 08-28-2007 at 09:23 PM

Maybe the online game has something to do with this disconection???? :S
The problem occours when you aren't playing too??? :S

RE: frequently disconnecting by jesse741 on 08-29-2007 at 12:45 AM

yea the game doesn t effect msn, been playing for years..just a recent problem.. even with game closed it's doing it

on a side note msn connection says: "You are connected to the internet through a non-UPnP port restricted NAT. (Administrator)" if that helps :S

RE: frequently disconnecting by roflmao456 on 08-29-2007 at 01:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jesse741
yea the game doesn t effect msn, been playing for years..just a recent problem.. even with game closed it's doing it

on a side note msn connection says: "You are connected to the internet through a non-UPnP port restricted NAT. (Administrator)" if that helps :S
ahh, i had that problem too, it has something to do with a folder in your system32 =\

:)

wbem problem i guess.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm
RE: frequently disconnecting by jesse741 on 08-29-2007 at 11:32 AM

that didnt seem to help, did a fix with the xp cd, i even switched wireless usb recievers and natta, im so frustrated :@