Shoutbox

Need to understand this!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Need to understand this!!! (/showthread.php?tid=77122)

Need to understand this!!! by MPLNOOB on 08-30-2007 at 08:02 PM

Hi Im a new(bie) here.   I've been dying to ask this question for awhile now :) 

As per attached image, please have a look at the event logged in red boxes.   You'll see IDLE,ONLINE,IDLE status within a short time frame. 

What exactly is my contact doing/not doing at those time? 

Second question is:  I dont have IDLE status in my status options at all.  Where did that come from?  Maybe my contact is using an older version or not using Windows Messenger Plus????   Thanks

RE: Need to understand this!!! by Cartox on 08-30-2007 at 08:23 PM

Have a look at this post CookieRevised's Reply on "Away" Status

RE: Need to understand this!!! by NanaFreak on 08-30-2007 at 09:26 PM

Idle is only set when you have a screensaver on i am quite sure... and your contact seems to have been online then the screensaver came up then they moved their mouse to get the screen back =\

RE: Need to understand this!!! by Menthix on 08-30-2007 at 09:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
Idle is only set when you have a screensaver on i am quite sure...
Incorrect, like Cookie explained in the tread linked to by Cartox:
quote:
Originally posted by Cookie
The "Idle" status depends on your MSN Messenger setting: "Show me as away when I'm inactive for x minutes". If you didn't tick that feature, then you will never be in "Idle". Hence you still can truly be away when you set your status to "Away".

Your screensaver settings aren't connected to this. Screensavers do work in a similar matter, but other than that they are unrelated to Messenger's idle status.