Shoutbox

how to transfer Messenger Plus! custom names to new computer? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: how to transfer Messenger Plus! custom names to new computer? (/showthread.php?tid=77179)

how to transfer Messenger Plus! custom names to new computer? by hooing on 09-02-2007 at 08:36 AM

1st Question: I have been using Messenger Plus! 3.36.148 for quite a while. Moving to a new computer, I would like to take all my Plus! custom names with me. But I cannot find any information where Messenger Plus! stores this information. I have tried changing information, and then locating a changed file ... without success?

2nd question: can this transfer also be done when moving to  MSN 8 and Messenger Plus! LIVE ?

Thanks hooing

RE: how to transfer Messenger Plus! custom names to new computer? by MattyRid on 09-02-2007 at 11:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hooing
1st Question: I have been using Messenger Plus! 3.36.148 for quite a while. Moving to a new computer, I would like to take all my Plus! custom names with me. But I cannot find any information where Messenger Plus! stores this information. I have tried changing information, and then locating a changed file ... without success?

If you export your settings for Messenger Plus!, it should save the custom names as well.

quote:
Originally posted by hooing
2nd question: can this transfer also be done when moving to  MSN 8 and Messenger Plus! LIVE ?

Not unless you use pen and paper

RE: how to transfer Messenger Plus! custom names to new computer? by hooing on 09-02-2007 at 11:28 AM

Thanks MattyRid!

Any chance you could tell me how to EXPORT THE SETTINGS FOR Messenger Plus!, as no such function appears in the menu? Thanks a lot, as I have spent already three hours in figuring out something that simple. Can't believe how badly some essential functions are implemented in some programs (each program should have a "save as text" function, especially if they store user data).

Your help is greatly appreciated. Hooing

RE: how to transfer Messenger Plus! custom names to new computer? by ahmetgns on 09-02-2007 at 11:45 AM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=846252]

RE: how to transfer Messenger Plus! custom names to new computer? by hooing on 09-02-2007 at 05:33 PM

Thank you so much, and sorry for the over-look, I SHOULD have seen it (but I didn't). You helped a lot :) Gracias !