Shoutbox

readnotify.com ?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: readnotify.com ?? (/showthread.php?tid=77181)

readnotify.com ?? by helpsadie on 09-02-2007 at 11:36 AM

anyone use readnotify.com? or does anyone know of a way to get notified when person reads an email u have sent.....???
i have hotmail / msn email, it that makes a difference.

tia, sadie

RE: readnotify.com ?? by Menthix on 09-02-2007 at 11:44 AM

Most services like readnotify just send an email with a unique URL, the receiver has to click the URL in order to read you actual message, you will get a read notification when the URL gets loaded.
However, that still doesn't mean the receiver actually read your mail :).

No method seems reliable enough to be worth it... Just ask people to reply if its really important to get a confirmation.

RE: readnotify.com ?? by markee on 09-02-2007 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Most services like readnotify just send an email with a unique URL, the receiver has to click the URL in order to read you actual message, you will get a read notification when the URL gets loaded.
However, that still doesn't mean the receiver actually read your mail :).

No method seems reliable enough to be worth it... Just ask people to reply if its really important to get a confirmation.
Wouldn't it be better for them to use an image in the email that executes a web2page (like a PHP age) which would then notify you?  It sounds like a more reliable method to me, except where they are only using text emails.
RE: readnotify.com ?? by Menthix on 09-02-2007 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Wouldn't it be better for them to use an image
My mailclient (Thunderbird) doesn't load images from unknown sources by default. I do have HTML enabled, it just doesn't external images before i tell it to.

RE: readnotify.com ?? by markee on 09-02-2007 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by markee
Wouldn't it be better for them to use an image
My mailclient (Thunderbird) doesn't load images from unknown sources by default. I do have HTML enabled, it just doesn't external images before i tell it to.
It's still more likely to work than the likes of them clicking a link IMHO.
RE: readnotify.com ?? by Menthix on 09-02-2007 at 12:29 PM

But the link will lead to the actual message, people HAVE to click the link to be able to read anything.

RE: readnotify.com ?? by helpsadie on 09-02-2007 at 02:54 PM

tyyyyyy, for the feedback!

think i like the idea, or the attempt anyway! lol....

ty again, sadie