Shoutbox

Best ads for publishers? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Best ads for publishers? (/showthread.php?tid=77191)

Best ads for publishers? by .Roy on 09-02-2007 at 05:33 PM

I'm wondering what are the best ads for publishers. Other than googles. Also I prefer they pay via paypal.

If you strongly believe google is the best then say so.

RE: Best ads for publishers? by Voldemort on 09-02-2007 at 06:19 PM

google is trustworthy.

RE: Best ads for publishers? by .Roy on 09-02-2007 at 06:40 PM

I didn't ask if it is trustworthy...

RE: Best ads for publishers? by Stigmata on 09-02-2007 at 06:44 PM

I use BidVertiser. Tis good because they pay straight to my pay pal after I receive at least $10. There is no set amount per-click. Some companys pay $1.40 for a click... things like that.

PS: The above link is using the referral program. No harm In trying to make a bit of money, but if you dont want to help me at all... click here :P

RE: Best ads for publishers? by MeEtc on 09-02-2007 at 06:47 PM

Those links don't display anything, Stigmata.

wait a sec..
* MeEtc checks ad blocker and sees a sea of red

hmm, nevermind

RE: Best ads for publishers? by NiteMare on 09-02-2007 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Those links don't display anything, Stigmata.

wait a sec..
* MeEtc checks ad blocker and sees a sea of red

hmm, nevermind
i had the same problem, i had blocked those ads to:P
RE: Best ads for publishers? by Menthix on 09-02-2007 at 07:14 PM

Google is never a bad choice (as long as your site complies with AdSense's policies). They pay straight to my bank account without any fee (limited to certain countries only).

Which/if other networks would be best for you depends on you site. What kind of audience do you have / which kind of ads do you want to show? And most important: How much traffic do you have? There are networks that don't allow any sites that have under 50000 impressions per day, but there are also networks that run out of ads when you send them a few thousand impressions per day (and show non-paying PSA ads).

My personal experience: started with Adsense, then tried various other networks like Tribal Fusion, BURST! Media and Fastclick/ValueClick Media but ended up back at AdSense.

RE: Best ads for publishers? by .Roy on 09-02-2007 at 07:33 PM

It will focus on people who like to watch anime. (japanese cartoons) Also the people who enter the site have a big average time on the site. 10 minutes+ avg.

thanks
Roy.

RE: Best ads for publishers? by absorbation on 09-02-2007 at 07:45 PM

Text Link Ads is great (but only if you have had a website for for a while) :P.

RE: Best ads for publishers? by markee on 09-03-2007 at 03:31 AM

Currently I'm with Valueclick Media because I have had some issues with some other ad companies (click fraud issues which didn't get resolved :dodgy:) and so at least with CPM ads I can't get into too much trouble.  I find that I have a low Click-Through rate anyway so its not really a bad thing.