Shoutbox

Suggestion: Better filtering of "event logging/viewing" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion: Better filtering of "event logging/viewing" (/showthread.php?tid=77198)

Suggestion: Better filtering of "event logging/viewing" by elfe.chlorophile on 09-02-2007 at 10:33 PM

The "Event viewer and event logging" is interesting, but it's being kind of flooded sometimes with uninteresting events, as all "Song title changes".

Personnaly, I'm more interested in status change, or real "displayed" name change, but not in the music played... but I didn't figure a way to hide the latter events.

Present situation:
- in auditing options, there is a filter button, but it allows only to choose the people to log
- in event viewing, it's only possible to filter with keyword

Suggested feature:
- in auditing options, under filter button, add what kind of events to audit : login/logout, status change, music played, etc..
- in event viewing, add the same kind of filtering by events

RE: Suggestion: Better filtering of "event logging/viewing" by ahmetgns on 09-03-2007 at 08:31 AM

Click on Options button on the Event Viewer window, there you will see three options: Show General Info, Show Personal Messages, Show Current Media. You can untick Show Current Media option. Also;

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Note about the search field of the event viewer. You can add the following character before your search to target a specific field to filter only:
+   Time
-    Email
*   Name
/   Description

RE: Suggestion: Better filtering of "event logging/viewing" by elfe.chlorophile on 09-23-2007 at 02:20 PM

Oups... sorry... I was searching in the Preference screen... didn' see the tick-marks there. Thanx!

RE: Suggestion: Better filtering of "event logging/viewing" by Shervin.B on 10-04-2007 at 07:17 AM

I'm not sure if this is present in Messenger Plus yet or not but could it be possible to filter out certain users in the event logging because theres this certain guy on my list who has an automated script and its just filling up the logs with his nickname changes.

RE: Suggestion: Better filtering of "event logging/viewing" by MattyRid on 10-04-2007 at 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shervin.B
I'm not sure if this is present in Messenger Plus yet or not but could it be possible to filter out certain users in the event logging because theres this certain guy on my list who has an automated script and its just filling up the logs with his nickname changes.
Definitely...if you click Filter in the Chat logging or event logging sections, just remove the tick for that contact