Shoutbox

[?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. (/showthread.php?tid=77298)

[?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by roflmao456 on 09-06-2007 at 09:47 PM

do any of you programmers have the api function to change a window's taskbar title? :P

RE: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by deAd on 09-06-2007 at 10:39 PM

SetWindowText

RE: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by roflmao456 on 09-06-2007 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
SetWindowText
(Y), but it adds a titlebar into my window.. which i don't want :p
RE: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by Stigmata on 09-06-2007 at 11:24 PM

setwindowtext

sendmessage to window to remove titlebar.

RE: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by roflmao456 on 09-07-2007 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
sendmessage to window to remove titlebar.
i couldn't seem to find the message to send to the window :p mind telling me what the message name/value is?
RE: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by NanaFreak on 09-07-2007 at 05:43 AM

quote:
The SetWindowText function changes the text of the specified window's title bar (if it has one)

it shouldnt add a titlebar =\
RE: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by felipEx on 09-07-2007 at 06:14 AM

something like this ?

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndCreated(ChatWnd){
var Wstyle = 0 /* WS_OVERLAPPED */ | 0x2000000 /* WS_CLIPCHILDREN */ | 0x4000000 /* WS_CLIPSIBLINGS */  ;
Wstyle = Wstyle | 0x40000;
Interop.Call("user32", "SetMenu", ChatWnd.Handle, 0);
//Interop.Call("user32", "SetWindowTextW", ChatWnd.Handle, "new title...");
Interop.Call("user32", "SetWindowLongW", ChatWnd.Handle, -16 /* GWL_STYLE */, Wstyle);
Interop.Call("user32", "ShowWindow", ChatWnd.Handle, 1);
}

RE: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by Felu on 09-07-2007 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
it shouldnt add a titlebar =\
It will add one if there isn't one already...
RE: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by roflmao456 on 09-07-2007 at 08:31 PM

my window doesn't have the <Title> tag in the XML. but when i use the api, it will show the title

RE: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by deAd on 09-07-2007 at 08:34 PM

That's a Plus! problem, not something that can be fixed using the windows api.

RE: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by Patchou on 09-08-2007 at 04:29 AM

Wasn'T that supposed to be fixed in 4.23? maybe that was just added in the code of 4.50 then... in any case, the next version will definitively solve that issue if you're experiencing it (currently, to fix it, just simulate a refresh on yoru window, the titlebar will go away).

RE: [?] API Function for changing window taskbar title. by Matti on 09-08-2007 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Wasn'T that supposed to be fixed in 4.23? maybe that was just added in the code of 4.50 then... in any case, the next version will definitively solve that issue if you're experiencing it (currently, to fix it, just simulate a refresh on yoru window, the titlebar will go away).
Ah, sounds great! That'll give me the last 1% of my XML-rewriting-free script translating method. :)