Shoutbox

/away command, and StatusKey script (maybe others) don't trigger PersoStat window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: /away command, and StatusKey script (maybe others) don't trigger PersoStat window (/showthread.php?tid=77310)

/away command, and StatusKey script (maybe others) don't trigger PersoStat window by ahmetgns on 09-07-2007 at 07:54 PM

Even if the option "Display Personalised Status window when I change my status to Away" enabled, it is not displayed if I change it with the /away command or SpunkyLoveMuff's StatusKey script.

Can this be changed like that whereever we change our status to Away, let Personalised Status window be displayed?

RE: /away command, and StatusKey script (maybe others) don't trigger PersoStat window by Mnjul on 09-08-2007 at 05:04 AM

If you want to call up Personalized Status window you should use /persostat . /away is implemented for a fast way to change your status to away and I don't think people who go this fast way would want to be bothered by persostat window.

RE: /away command, and StatusKey script (maybe others) don't trigger PersoStat window by ahmetgns on 09-08-2007 at 06:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
If you want to call up Personalized Status window you should use /persostat .
But normally, you can open it from "More Statuses > Personalised Statuses", but there is a fact that, there is another option in preferences: "Display Personalised Status window when I change my status to Away".
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
/away is implemented for a fast way to change your status to away and I don't think people who go this fast way would want to be bothered by persostat window.
I can't agree with you, because if people don't want to be bothered by this window, they can disable the option above from preferences. Yet, thank you for your ideas.

Maybe one logical explanation would be that, if persostat window would be displayed whereever we change our status to Away from, then if we set our status to Away from "More Statuses > Personalised Status" or with a shortcut which we previously set for a personalised status, then Personalised Status window would pop-up again, and this would be annoying really.

Still if it can work properly, I would like this to be implemented in the next versions. Thanks
RE: /away command, and StatusKey script (maybe others) don't trigger PersoStat window by Spunky on 09-08-2007 at 10:32 AM

If I update the script, I'll add an option for what the user wants to happen

RE: /away command, and StatusKey script (maybe others) don't trigger PersoStat window by Patchou on 09-08-2007 at 12:44 PM

Scripts that want to set the user's status as away probably dont want this window to popup each time. Same thing for users who use /away, /persostat is there for that reason.