Shoutbox

Help, I have a virus!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Help, I have a virus!! (/showthread.php?tid=77358)

Help, I have a virus!! by gleesona on 09-10-2007 at 10:18 AM

So I got a message from a friend and it said something (can't remember exactly what it was) and included a link. I clicked the link, and was prompted to download a .zip file. He is one of my close friends, so I trusted him. I opened and extracted the file, and nothing happened. Or so I thought. I then asked him what it was, and he said that it was a virus, and it sends automatically. Other than that, it doesn't do anything. I've scanned for viruses, spyware, everything, even tried re-installing messenger, but nothing works. Please, help!

RE: Help, I have a virus!! by joey on 09-10-2007 at 10:25 AM

dont trust him? maybe he's an idiot and is joking? maybe your anti-virus software sucks?

RE: Help, I have a virus!! by gleesona on 09-10-2007 at 10:29 AM

Lol, nope, all my stuff is fine. Since then, people have told me that I have been sending them the same message, when I have been actually playing a game or not even at the computer.

RE: Help, I have a virus!! by Spunky on 09-10-2007 at 10:31 AM

Some virii automatically send messages to the users contacts without them knowing... It probably wasn't your friends fault... I can't remember the exact way to get rid of it, but there are numerous threads on the forum if you do a search

RE: Help, I have a virus!! by gleesona on 09-10-2007 at 10:59 AM

Theres no other posts on this problem (that I can see)

RE: Help, I have a virus!! by Spunky on 09-10-2007 at 11:03 AM

VIRUS

Found that on the first page of results for a search for "virus"

RE: Help, I have a virus!! by gleesona on 09-10-2007 at 11:22 AM

Oops, missed that one. Thanks. Trying it now.