Shoutbox

Block'EM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Block'EM (/showthread.php?tid=77359)

Block'EM by Spunky on 09-10-2007 at 11:13 AM

This is a script based on this question and the resulting thread:
Block MSN Contact on a Schedule Basis

I've been doing a bit less work on this lately than I should have really, but I've been busy for a while. It's fairly self explanitory.

Add Task
This opens a window for you to specify a contact, start time and stop time. When the script is updated, you will be able to make the task run once, or continuously (At the moment, continuously is the only choice, regardless of the value of the checkbox). The timer will start running as soon as you close the window

Running Tasks
Displays all tasks currently running and the times that they run between. You can also delete/remove tasks. In future versions you will be able to edit tasks and disable tasks from this screen

Configuration
Disabled in this version, but will allow options such as disabling toast messages on block/unblock

Commands
Commands have also been disabled in this version as I want to keep it simple with the menus... commands will be in future versions.

Preview:
[Image: screenshotblockemat5.png]

Known Bugs
If repeat task daily is checked, it says -1 instead of yes (not important in this version)
24 Clock bug (contact doesn't always block due to error in 12/24 hour conversion

RE: Block'EM by LifelesS on 09-10-2007 at 11:19 AM

Simple yet nice :)

Going to try it out, by the looks of it, nice work:D

BTW, you could also add a function to unblock thoose contacts when you change your status.

Keep it comin'

Edit. I like it. Thought I blocked myself and it doesn't show up in the running tasks.

Another small thing, you should set the clock to 24hours or add pm/am to it. or both:P

RE: Block'EM by markee on 09-10-2007 at 11:22 AM

It might also e a nice thing to add a feature to just specify how long to block them for starting from when you press "OK", just to make it easier on some people.  I guess you could also later add in stuff if for like someone nudges you 3 ties then it blocks them for x minutes and other things like this as well....

RE: Block'EM by Spunky on 09-10-2007 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LifelesS
a function to unblock thoose contacts when you change your status
quote:
Originally posted by markee
a feature to just specify how long to block them for starting from when you press "OK"

Might add them both in next version, thanks for the ideas

quote:
you should set the clock to 24hours or add pm/am to it. or both

Gonna change them both to 24 hours I think... AM/PM is easier but it's harder to convert the time and it looks better in "Running Tasks" as 24 hour in my opinion

quote:
I guess you could also later add in stuff if for like someone nudges you 3 ties then it blocks them for x minutes

Possible, but I think another script does this and I don't know if I want to "tread on it's heels"... If I can improve itmaybe, but doesn't it need xniff to detect nudges? I'm a bit wary of using it because it doesn't always work and as Cookie said, it actually causes an error in Plus
RE: Block'EM by markee on 09-10-2007 at 11:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
I guess you could also later add in stuff if for like someone nudges you 3 ties then it blocks them for x minutes

Possible, but I think another script does this and I don't know if I want to "tread on it's heels"... If I can improve itmaybe, but doesn't it need xniff to detect nudges? I'm a bit wary of using it because it doesn't always work and as Cookie said, it actually causes an error in Plus
That was just an example of one thing that annoys people, you could also have some kind of word filter for "bad" words/phrases or something else that can be annoying too.  But just remember to be able to turn each feature on and off independently ;)
RE: Block'EM by aNILEator on 09-10-2007 at 06:06 PM

anti-turk missile block and delete script? please!!!!!

RE: RE: Block'EM by LifelesS on 09-10-2007 at 06:10 PM

quote:
you should set the clock to 24hours or add pm/am to it. or both

Gonna change them both to 24 hours I think... AM/PM is easier but it's harder to convert the time and it looks better in "Running Tasks" as 24 hour in my opinion

Yeah because on my pc it doesn't show the PM/AM, probably because my pc's clock is set to 24hours.

For people with 24hours to PM/AM conversation problems you can add a little converter :P(H)
RE: Block'EM by Spunky on 09-10-2007 at 06:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
anti-turk missile block and delete script? please!!!!!

Erm... what? lol :p

quote:
probably because my pc's clock is set to 24hours

So is mine... thats not the cause =/

RE: RE: Block'EM by LifelesS on 09-10-2007 at 06:17 PM

quote:

quote:
probably because my pc's clock is set to 24hours

So is mine... thats not the cause =/

Humm... dunno then. I would check the code but I'm busy working on other script...

24 hours would solve it :)
RE: Block'EM by bobby2000 on 11-26-2007 at 07:04 PM

i love this script :D

RE: Block'EM by Voldemort on 11-26-2007 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Erm... what? lol
make it dectect  stuff like salam or selam or salem or whatever the fuck it is :p and girl and sex in turkish.