Shoutbox

Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox? (/showthread.php?tid=77360)

Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox? by ahmetgns on 09-10-2007 at 12:36 PM

Sometimes, I want to send some of my previous messages all together in one message, but if I use Ctrl+Up to recall previously sent messages and select second message after selecting one, the former previously sent message is replaced with the latter one, so I can't recall and send both of them in a unique message. Can you fix it such that whenever we recall a previously sent message, let Plus! just add it where the cursor blinks withour clearing all texts in the box?

For example; I sometimes want to repeat my message with adding "I said |<Here, recall my previous message>

RE: Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbo by toddy on 09-10-2007 at 12:38 PM

better the way it is now

save deleting & editing if you select the wrong line of text

RE: Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox? by Patchou on 09-10-2007 at 05:36 PM

Added a way to do it in version 4.50: just keep Ctrl key pressed when selecting the message to send.

RE: Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox? by ahmetgns on 09-10-2007 at 09:12 PM

Thanks Patchou.

But most of the time I browse messages with Up button. Will it do that trick to keep Ctrl key pressed while browsing messages with Up button? I mean I don't want to take my hand away from my keyboard while I'm chatting with somebody.

Even if not possible, thanks again for that smart addition.

RE: Why does Plus! replace the "sent message" with the text already written in chatbox? by Patchou on 09-12-2007 at 04:20 PM

sure thing, it will work all the same :). You'll only need to press Ctrl when you select the message (so when you press Enter for instance).