Shoutbox

Feat. Suggestion : Blinking contacts on desktop - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feat. Suggestion : Blinking contacts on desktop (/showthread.php?tid=77395)

Feat. Suggestion : Blinking contacts on desktop by panos_sniper on 09-12-2007 at 08:23 AM

You play WoW fullscreen and you have your Contact on Desktop always on top. Wouldn't it be nice if it got blinking when a new message from that contact arrived?

RE: Feat. Suggestion : Blinking contacts on desktop by Menthix on 09-12-2007 at 08:53 AM

Desktop Contacts already flash on new messages.

Go to Preferences > Messenger > Contacts on Desktop and make sure "Flash contact window on new message" is checked.

RE: Feat. Suggestion : Blinking contacts on desktop by ahmetgns on 08-14-2008 at 11:05 AM

BUMP!

I would like them to flash constantly until I open the conversation. Because currently it flashes only three times and the chances I miss the flashing are too high and especially when I view a full screen application or hide Windows taskbar I have no other way to be notified about a new message.

Why doesn't it flash for a long period and then stay there with the flashing color like tabs in tabbed chats and conversation buttons in Windows taskbar do?

RE: Feat. Suggestion : Blinking contacts on desktop by Oxy on 08-14-2008 at 01:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
flashing color like tabs in tabbed chats and conversation buttons in Windows taskbar do?
I don't agree with constant flashing, but maybe flashing 5/6 times, and then permanently in the highlighted colour untill specified window is brought to focus... constant flashing would be really annoying.
RE: Feat. Suggestion : Blinking contacts on desktop by ahmetgns on 08-14-2008 at 03:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Oxy
I don't agree with constant flashing, but maybe flashing 5/6 times, and then permanently in the highlighted colour
Yes, I don't want constant flashing as well, I only couldn't express myself in the first paragraph. I wrote "constant flashing" to mean a different look of the floating window until we bring the conversation to focus.