Shoutbox

I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. (/showthread.php?tid=77420)

I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by darkalfx on 09-13-2007 at 01:12 AM

I don't have windows live.
I use the old regular hotmail.

I totally hate this whole windows live stuff.

The old ones were working just as fine just without alot of unnecessary pictures and animations and loaded way faster.

Now I MUST upgrade my msn 7.5 to a new *cough* slower and crappier *coupd* version?

I'm so sick of this, my old version worked perfectly, if I could I'd still be using msn 6.5.

Stop upgrading something that works, fix the bugs and don't friccking touch it anymore.

Its alot better when its plain, simple,fast and works.

You want to have windows live? That's fine make one and everything.

But don't FORCE ME TO USE IT.

I know someday you will force me to do so and that day, I will leave msn and never look back.

RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by Jhrono on 09-13-2007 at 01:31 AM

You do know that this website is part of the Messenger Plus! (Live) software, an add-on for Windows Live Messenger? We're not responsible for Messenger, Microsoft is. I understand your anger but we just can't do nothing about it :)

RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by darkalfx on 09-13-2007 at 01:47 AM

Thanks for the information, I'll go whine in the appropriate forum.
Sorry about that.

RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by MicroWay on 09-13-2007 at 01:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by darkalfx
the information, I'll go whine in the appropriate forum.
Sorry about that.
Don't worry, and welcome to this forum.. :)

RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by Supersonicdarky on 09-13-2007 at 02:06 AM

if you dont want to use a resource whore like wlm and dont mind losing a couple of features, get miranda im ;)

RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by markee on 09-13-2007 at 03:35 AM

The reason for the update which you may not be aware of is that there was an exploit which the Messenger team fixed.  To make sure that noone was at risk they just forced the update for everyone's safety.  There is always the option of using good old Windows Messenger that comes with XP if you don't want all of the features.  I hope you find a good resolution.

RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by toddy on 09-13-2007 at 04:35 AM

to stop the update read here
http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=22548&view=findpost&p=169707

RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by Menthix on 09-13-2007 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
But don't complain if you find your PC full of viruses some day because you are too lazy to fix exploits. There is a good reason they force these updates, not because Microsoft gets better from these updates, but because your PC gets better from it.
RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by Sunshine on 09-13-2007 at 11:12 AM

If you are on WinXP, which i assume you are since you used 7.5, you can ofcourse also get the renewed 7 version:
MSN Messenger 7.0.0820 for Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Millenium and Windows XP

Rectification: Even tho it says in the system requirements of 7.0.0820 that you can run it on WinXP you are not supposed to do so. WinXP has gotten into the requirements by mistake, this will be fixed. MSN Messenger 7.0.0820 will only run on OS'es pre-Windows XP (with the exception of Win 95, people on that should use MSN Messenger 5.0)..all on WinXP and Vista will have to upgrade to Windows Live Messenger.

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=22548&view=findpost&p=169707
That workaround will probably stop working soon too, eventually you will not be able to sign in with 7.5 anymore! Users on Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Millenium will be forced to upgrade to 7.0.0820.

Detailed info: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-054
RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by Nagamasa on 09-13-2007 at 11:44 AM

[off-topic]

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine

That workaround will probably stop working soon too, eventually you will not be able to sign in with 7.5 anymore! Users on Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Millenium will be forced to upgrade to 7.0.0820.

Why is the numbering system going backwards to 7.0?

[/offtopic]
RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by Sunshine on 09-13-2007 at 11:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
[off-topic]
[/offtopic]
The numbering isn't going backwards. MSN Messenger 7.0.0816 got updated to 7.0.0820. You will be prompted to upgrade to the highest working version for your OS if using any of the vulnerable builds/versions. MSN Messenger 7.5 has always been WinXP only.
RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by Nagamasa on 09-13-2007 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
[off-topic]
[/offtopic]
The numbering isn't going backwards. MSN Messenger 7.0.0816 got updated to 7.0.0820. You will be prompted to upgrade to the highest working version for your OS if using any of the vulnerable builds/versions. MSN Messenger 7.5 has always been WinXP only.
Oh! Alright. Now it makes sense to me! Thanks :D
RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by Necromancer_magic on 09-14-2007 at 01:04 PM

I would be happy using WLM, but it doesnt have my favourite MP!3 thing (the contact renamer, which on WLM renames everything about the contact) Is GONE, luckly for anyone who still has MSN 7.5 there is a way to keep it - for XP(at your own risk)

close MSN
Right click on the icon and select the Tab "compatibility"
Select "run this program in compatibility mode"
Select windows 2000

RE: I'm so SICK of those new "better" msn version. by Volv on 09-14-2007 at 05:19 PM

It's probably expensive (in some way) to ensure that there are a number of MSN Protocols available for different versions, which must then be translated so that people running older software can still use the Messenger network. It's probably a lot more cost effective to have everyone running on the same level - hence the forced updates.