Shoutbox

HElp on retrieving smilies from old msn to windows - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: HElp on retrieving smilies from old msn to windows (/showthread.php?tid=77424)

HElp on retrieving smilies from old msn to windows by Sugar on 09-13-2007 at 02:55 AM

I just had to change my msn to windows live... and i lost all my smlies. I thought i could just add them again manually, but I can't.

This msg keeps coming up

"The image you choose is already been used for another emotion.please choose another image"

at first, i thought i savedmy old smlies in msn in the comp already so it won't save. 

Then i went to applicatino folder, found the folder that says, " custom smilies" and deleted everything hoping to start anew.  However, that still doesn't work.

can anyone figure my problem out? I really liked all of my smilies. :(

RE: HElp on retrieving smilies from old msn to windows by exbox on 09-15-2007 at 09:49 AM

Try re-installing WLM?

RE: HElp on retrieving smilies from old msn to windows by Sunshine on 09-15-2007 at 10:06 AM

1) Make a totally independant temporary folder (eg: C:\myemoticons)
2) Copy every .DAT, .DT2, (and .PNG if any) from
"\Documents and Settings\<windows accountname>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<ID number>\"
and
"%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\<.NET passport>\ObjectStore\CustomEmoticons"
to that temporary folder
3) Remove both messenger directories
4) Go to your temporary folder with all the copied files and rename every single file to .PNG (if they aren't already named liked that)
5) remove duplicates images if you have some (check with an image viewer)
6) start Windows Live Messenger and start adding the icons in the proper way by going to Tools > Emoticons > Create... > Find Image
7) remove your temporary folder (optional)