Shoutbox

Now playing script with a different link - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Now playing script with a different link (/showthread.php?tid=77441)

Now playing script with a different link by Dougster on 09-13-2007 at 02:36 PM

Hello, I know less than nothing about scripts, and I hope I am posting in the correct area of the forum.

Is it possible (or feasible) to create a script that takes one to a different web address rather than (in my instance) a link to MSN Music?

The reason I ask, is, I have a band, and music on my website, I play that music locally (often new tunes) but if my friends see me displaying the tune playing, the link takes them (obviously) elsewhere.

It would be fantastic to have a script that offers a link in the "Now Playing" part, that would take then to MY (or another musician's or band's website instead.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Now playing script with a different link by ArkaneArkade on 09-14-2007 at 02:26 PM

I don't know how possible this would be, but it sounds a great idea.  TBH though, I would imagine it needs a patch, or at least script running on every client MSN.
I was thinking similar the other day, to get a TV.com search for episodes being watched.  Could definitly be interesting.

RE: Now playing script with a different link by Eddie on 09-14-2007 at 03:10 PM

As far as i am aware, this is not possible via Messenger Plus Live! Scripts, sorry.

RE: Now playing script with a different link by Spunky on 09-14-2007 at 04:15 PM

This is dangerous as people do not know what you are linking too... It's the same reason you can't set the text for a link in a conversation and it just displays the url

RE: Now playing script with a different link by davidpolitis on 09-14-2007 at 07:53 PM

You could always just edit the song title etc. and add the URL to it.