Shoutbox

menu in conversation/contact list hooking? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: menu in conversation/contact list hooking? (/showthread.php?tid=77459)

menu in conversation/contact list hooking? by roflmao456 on 09-13-2007 at 09:41 PM

is it possible to "hook" without using a DLL?

basically, i just want to add a menu to the conversation or contact list that will do some functions with my script (the menu bar, not the 'dashboard')

RE: menu in conversation/contact list hooking? by vikke on 09-14-2007 at 07:24 AM

I think you're able to add the menu, but I'm not sure if you can catch the event when a menu-button is clicked. Just use the GetMenu and InsertMenuItem APIs, you can find more information about them on MSDN.

RE: menu in conversation/contact list hooking? by roflmao456 on 09-14-2007 at 07:57 PM

i can't understand how to use the InsertMenuItem, i don't know how to use/make structures

i'm using InsertMenu..

now just to get the event of on clicked...

RE: menu in conversation/contact list hooking? by vikke on 09-15-2007 at 08:27 AM

That's where you got to use a hook.

RE: menu in conversation/contact list hooking? by deAd on 09-15-2007 at 04:50 PM

To receive an event for the menu being clicked, you will need to read the messages received by the window the menu belongs to. To do this you'll need to either make a message hook (as vikke said) or subclass the window.

RE: menu in conversation/contact list hooking? by vikke on 09-15-2007 at 07:05 PM

And both, hooking and subclassing, are not available in the MP!L scripting. You would need a DLL for this.