Shoutbox

Just upgraded to Live 8.1.178, two questions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Just upgraded to Live 8.1.178, two questions (/showthread.php?tid=77471)

Just upgraded to Live 8.1.178, two questions by alegator on 09-14-2007 at 02:39 AM

1) How can I set the contact list to display a thumbnail with the display picture next to each contact rather than the green logo? And how to set it to a large size rather than the regular small size?
2) I noticed the service "usnsvc.exe" running in Task Manager. Do I really need it for porper Live operation? If not, how can I disable it?
Thanks.

RE: Just upgraded to Live 8.1.178, two questions by RebelSean on 09-14-2007 at 06:03 AM

1) That feature was removed when Windows Live 8.0 was officialy released. I'd love to see it brought back myself.
2) No you don't, you can disable it via msconfig.exe, going into services tab, and finding the "Messenger Sharing Folders USN..." :).

RE: RE: Just upgraded to Live 8.1.178, two questions by alegator on 09-14-2007 at 07:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
1) That feature was removed when Windows Live 8.0 was officialy released. I'd love to see it brought back myself.

I was able to configure WLM to display DP in the contact list, at the very end of the patch you're given the option to enable this feature using Messpatch
RE: Just upgraded to Live 8.1.178, two questions by Sunshine on 09-14-2007 at 09:17 AM

You can also show the Display Pictures in the contact list if you click the two arrows ("sort your contacts") on the right of "Find a contact", check "show contacs' details".

RE: Just upgraded to Live 8.1.178, two questions by 87gtNOS on 09-14-2007 at 12:49 PM

hey, I just did the upgrade....not much of an upgrade.

anyways, I noticed that all my contacts names appear the same color, whether or not they are online.   So the only way to distinguish if they are is to look at the status in brackets to the right side of there names.

Is there a way to fix this?  I looked carefully in the options in the mess.be patch to see if it was something I had done.  I can't find anything and I never used the original version of the new MSN 8 before patching it!!