Shoutbox

WLM not loading - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM not loading (/showthread.php?tid=77481)

WLM not loading by Yami_Yatish on 09-14-2007 at 03:20 PM

Hey,
I am having issues with windows live messenger on my startup. I have the latest version of the program, WLM 8.5 . The problem arises right after my laptop boots up. WLM does indeed appear under the processes tab in my task manager, but nothing appears in my system tray. Everytime i try to end this process, nothing happens and the process continues to run. I have tried reinstalling this various times, but nothing changes. Also, when i try to shut down my laptop, the live messenger running in the background prevents it from doing so. If i disable the live messenger from my startup and shut it down, everything works normally. I am currently running vista home premium. System specs will be provided if needed. Any help would be appriciated.

RE: WLM not loading by Shiny Rabbit on 09-14-2007 at 08:53 PM

what MSN add ons/patches do you have? i used to have this problem with msg discovery until it was updated

RE: WLM not loading by Yami_Yatish on 09-14-2007 at 11:23 PM

I have msgplus live. Thats about it.

RE: WLM not loading by Shiny Rabbit on 09-15-2007 at 08:50 AM

does it work without msgpluslive?

RE: WLM not loading by Yami_Yatish on 09-15-2007 at 02:40 PM

no luck. I uninstalled msg plus and reinstalled live. Still doesn't load up..

Edit: Well i was reading other forums and they said something about the network adapter. This did seem to work till i reconnected the internet, and then msn froze again.

RE: WLM not loading by mgsray on 09-16-2007 at 08:44 PM

Hi i'm new to this but i'll give it a go...
I'm currently running Vista on an acer laptop and i am unable to run WLM 8.1, I have downloaded the patch that was suggested from the acer website and it is still not working any and all ideas are gratefully recieved