Shoutbox

Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? (/showthread.php?tid=77484)

Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by Buggo on 09-14-2007 at 07:46 PM

Hi everyone,

Great forums. I've done a bit of a search and ran across some useful threads... some which I had read before I installed WLM, but anyway.

Like many others, I was forced to install WLM over my old version which I have been trying not to upgrade for years.

Now, my contact list does not display pictures anymore. I understand this was a feature taken out. The only way to make them display is to "Show Contacts Details", but this makes the display pictures very large.

Is there any way (either through Messenger Plus or any standard WLM workarounds or programs) to get my contacts' display pictures in my contact list to appear small?

Thank you,

Allie

RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by vikke on 09-14-2007 at 08:28 PM

This is a hidden feature of Stuffplug 3. I don't know if I can tell you about it or not. :)

RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by prashker on 09-14-2007 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
This is a hidden feature of Stuffplug 3. I don't know if I can tell you about it or not. :)

But it's not a StuffPlug 3 exclusive :(. I don't have the link handy but there is a seperate patch which does just that :p.
RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by Buggo on 09-14-2007 at 08:48 PM

A separate patch? That sounds amazing!

RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by MattyRid on 09-14-2007 at 08:56 PM

mess patch does it. http://mess.be

RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by Buggo on 09-14-2007 at 11:52 PM

Is it possible to have this feature without switching to the Mess version?

RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by Buggo on 09-18-2007 at 11:25 PM

No? :(

RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by Rolando on 09-18-2007 at 11:39 PM

There's no "mess" version. It's just a patch. Its not a separate program, it'll only change the appearance of your WLM in the options you choose you want to change.

RE: RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by TheSteve on 09-19-2007 at 12:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
This is a hidden feature of Stuffplug 3. I don't know if I can tell you about it or not.

If you don't know if you can tell about it, why are you even mentioning it?
RE: RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by Buggo on 09-19-2007 at 05:04 PM

Okay, I downloaded the latest Mess patch, and I looked through all the options but I couldn't see anything that allows you to view display pictures from your contacts in the CONTACT LIST.

It does allow to have a bigger contact picture in the contact card, but not display pics for all your contacts in your contact list.

Any ideas?

RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by Buggo on 09-20-2007 at 11:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Buggo
Okay, I downloaded the latest Mess patch, and I looked through all the options but I couldn't see anything that allows you to view display pictures from your contacts in the CONTACT LIST.

It does allow to have a bigger contact picture in the contact card, but not display pics for all your contacts in your contact list.

Any ideas?

Bump!
RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by roflmao456 on 09-21-2007 at 12:12 AM

just select the options you want and press next until you get to the page where there is:

Standard Contact List

Detailed Contact List

you should see the option there.
RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by toddy on 09-21-2007 at 12:12 AM

after slecting your first options (the text boxes), click next and the next window/options has display pictures in your contact list options

edit:

quote:
It worked! Thank you!
NP
RE: Recently forced to upgrade to WLM. Display pics in contact list? by Buggo on 09-21-2007 at 12:28 AM

It worked! Thank you! :)