Shoutbox

Problems with MSN live. (No duh. -.-) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Problems with MSN live. (No duh. -.-) (/showthread.php?tid=77488)

Problems with MSN live. (No duh. -.-) by Koneko-Chan on 09-14-2007 at 11:25 PM

Alright, so I'm kinda mad at the change. I was so use to MSN 7.5, and I'm so use to it.

Ok, to the point.

For a quick change of font colour, I'd use something like (!FC01) - (!FC67). But I see that it doesn't work on Live (Or at least mine.) How do I get colours back?

I do lots of things that involved many colours in a short period of time, so I can't change font colour on the window that I'm using. I like special colours. XP

RE: Problems with MSN live. (No duh. -.-) by Chris4 on 09-14-2007 at 11:31 PM

In Messenger Plus! Live, colour codes are used with BBcode. For example:

code:
[c=4]Hello world![/c]
Would show as...
code:
Hello world!

To change the colour to red.

All this can be found by simply clicking the Format Panel button in a conversation or when changing your nickname :)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=848679]

P.S. Please remember to search the forums first. It's been explained hundreds of times.
RE: Problems with MSN live. (No duh. -.-) by Koneko-Chan on 09-14-2007 at 11:33 PM

Sorry, I'm on dial up and it took me 30 minutes to get to this page. .-.

RE: Problems with MSN live. (No duh. -.-) by RaceProUK on 09-23-2007 at 10:43 PM

Wow, that dial-up must suck big time.

Chris4, I thought the old codes were still supported?

* RaceProUK goes to check

Actually, yes. In the Preferences, go to the Customise tab, and change the option at the bottom from BBCode style to IRC style. That should work.

@Chris4: Kudos on the avatar. Stewie rocks!

RE: Problems with MSN live. (No duh. -.-) by Chris4 on 09-24-2007 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
Chris4, I thought the old codes were still supported?
Yeah, I was just showing how to use the new BBCode, pretty simple.

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
@Chris4: Kudos on the avatar. Stewie rocks!
:P
RE: Problems with MSN live. (No duh. -.-) by ahmetgns on 10-03-2007 at 11:49 AM

:S Old formatting tags are not the ones which Koneko-Chan wrote in his question. (!FC01) tag that he wrote brings Special Tags of Plus! like (!N) for contact name or (!PSM) for contact's psm to my mind. I know that old formatting tags (IRC style) are made of a special dot and a special character like & or #.

Were there such formatting tags at the early times of Plus? I know Messenger Plus! since version3.40 or something like that.

RE: Problems with MSN live. (No duh. -.-) by RaceProUK on 10-03-2007 at 06:02 PM

(!FC01) and the like are converted to the 'dot-character' notation you describe, and IIRC, they have been available since Plus! v2.