Shoutbox

[Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... (/showthread.php?tid=77523)

[Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... by Ifaiden on 09-16-2007 at 08:21 AM

Hey! I have a script request!

I have always used version 8.0, and find this very annoying when now you HAVE to upgrade to 8.1.

In the 8.1 version, when you doubleclick on the contactgroup name, the "Edit a group" box will appear. And because when you are always browsing thorugh the contacts you will find this very annoying, especially for those who like to hide their contacts.

:@Please disable this! (If it is possible) :P

RE: [Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... by ArkaneArkade on 09-16-2007 at 08:56 PM

I think a script for that would be amazing.  I'm stuck using a laptop and the amount of times that I open the "Edit a group" dialog by accident just kills me.  I'd love to be rid of it

RE: [Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... by Ifaiden on 09-17-2007 at 06:57 PM

Hmm, I heard from others that i don't really need a script for that, instead, I'll have to go in to one of the files in the msn folder and then just erase that certain code.... Can someone tell me where it's located?

RE: [Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... by kryp2nyt on 09-19-2007 at 07:55 AM

try the new WLM 8.5, it has this already removed.

RE: [Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... by Volv on 09-19-2007 at 09:18 AM

This has never happened to me... Ever... :p

RE: [Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... by kryp2nyt on 09-19-2007 at 01:13 PM

Then try doubleclicking on any group name in your contact list.

Am assuming of course, you have WLM 8.1, NOT earlier versions, nor later versions.

RE: RE: [Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... by Ifaiden on 09-21-2007 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kryp2nyt
try the new WLM 8.5, it has this already removed.

Well, it's not removed in the 8.5 beta 2 :/ Please make a script for this
RE: [Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... by aNILEator on 09-21-2007 at 05:59 PM

Dunno if I should say this or not but DeAd has successfully/knows a way to made/make a script that disables auto emoticon complete and disables edit group...... :-#

RE: RE: [Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... by deAd on 09-21-2007 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Dunno if I should say this or not but DeAd has successfully/knows a way to made/make a script that disables auto emoticon complete and disables edit group...... :-#

I'm working on a more universal way to do disable group editing, so it should be released soon :)

EDIT: Auto emoticon disabling will not be released because that is a Stuffplug feature that should return soon.
RE: RE: RE: [Request] Disable "Edit a group", when doubleclicking... by Ifaiden on 09-22-2007 at 10:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator

I'm working on a more universal way to do disable group editing, so it should be released soon :)

EDIT: Auto emoticon disabling will not be released because that is a Stuffplug feature that should return soon.

OMB XD Mr dead I love you! :P Please email me when it is released! Benny.Tieu@gmail.com