Shoutbox

Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging (/showthread.php?tid=77527)

Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging by zaher1988 on 09-16-2007 at 10:23 AM

I had a problem with a Toshiba Satellite M70 - 340 laptop harddisk, but everything else was working perfectly, and it was possible to run it on battery. So i sent it to a maintanance shop where they changed the hardisk and installed a new fresh copy of Windows XP. After i received it back i found that I'm not able to turn it on except when it is plugged to the electricity, and after a bit or looking around I discovered that the battery is not charging.

In addition to that, when i first plug the laptop to the electricity while it is turned off, the battery yellow/orange LED turns on only for like 3 seconds. And while it is turned on, the LED is always off, and the battery icon on the tray states that the laptop is running on AC, and does not say that battery is charging, it keeps saying 1% remaining.

I have also tried leaving it plugged to AC while it is turned off, hoping it might recharge, but i bite the dust.

So what would cause the battery not to charge if between a day and another (and just by changing the HDD and installing a new copy of windows XP) the battery stopped working?

Thank you

RE: Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging by absorbation on 09-16-2007 at 10:30 AM

The battery may of become damaged while they were repairing your laptop. You can buy a new one, but the maintenance shop should pay as it seems they caused this problem.

Cheer up, eat a delicious, hot, creamy muffin.

RE: Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging by zaher1988 on 09-16-2007 at 10:33 AM

Thanks absorbation.

I was just wondering, does a BIOS update or a hardware driver  fix this? I mean does a battery need some sort of driver or software to function?

RE: Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging by absorbation on 09-16-2007 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
I was just wondering, does a BIOS update or a hardware driver  fix this? I mean does a battery need some sort of driver or software to function?

No, it's a manual thing, hence why it charges when your laptop is off :P.
RE: Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging by zaher1988 on 09-16-2007 at 10:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
manual thing, hence why it charges when your laptop is off

Yeah well:P i just thought of it as a possibility.
RE: Toshiba M70 - 340 battery not charging by Verte on 09-16-2007 at 06:00 PM

The A70s were notorious for the solder between the power connection and the motherboard fracturing, it wouldn't surprise me if your M70 was suffering from a similar ailment. If your laptop is still under warranty, get that looked at, otherwise, there are tutorials here on how to fix this [for an A70, but I'm sure you will follow].